Handicap International recruits 01 Emergency Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Manager – Emergency Pool
- Référence cDiscussion: 1068186
- Publié le: 26/06/2020 à 16h50min23s
- Niveau d’études: Non précisé
- Expérience: Non précisé
- Expire le: 06-07-2020
Humanitaire (ONG, Associations, …), Projet/programme de développement
Emergency Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Manager – Emergency Pool
Pays : France
Ville : Lyon, Paris or Brussels (when in HQ)
Date de prise du poste : 31/08/2020
Durée de la mission : 18 months
Date de clôture des candidatures : 06/07/2020
Référence de l’annonce : FR-ECA-06-20-5813
CONTEXTE DE TRAVAIL :Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ».HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in more than 55 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
For more information, please visit: www.hi.org
PRESENTATION OF THE EMERGENCY POOL:The emergency pool is composed of 5 emergency specialists (Logistics manager, Finance and HR manager, MHPSS manager, Physical Rehabilitation Manager and Livelihood Manager) under the hierarchical management of the Area manager/Pool manager.
The emergency pool sits in the emergency division under the management of an Emergency Response Manager, based in headquarter.
The emergency division is composed of a team of 16 persons: one team in charge of the monitoring, alert and emergency preparedness and one team in charge of the emergency responses, at HQ and field level.
DESCRIPTION DE POSTE :In order to ensure a relevant, timely and efficient response to acute crisis, HI’s emergency division ensures the monitoring, preparedness and responses to man-made and natural disasters.
The emergency division may lead some emergency responses or support the geographic divisions to respond to new disasters, depending on the intensity of the crisis and the capacity of the program(s) in place.
The emergency pool is composed of a team of emergency experts, ready to deploy within 72 hours. Their role is:1) To conduct diagnosis and launch new emergency operations in the field2) To support pre-established programs and teams to respond to new disaster in the field3) To contribute to lessons learned exercises, technical methodology and guidance, tool kits in coordination with the emergency division team members, shared services divisions and technical divisions at HQ level.
Under the responsibility of the Area manager/Pool manager and in close coordination with the HQ MHPSS and Protection Specialists, the emergency MHPSS manager will be in charge of :
– Participating to initial diagnosis of the emergency response operations, following a humanitarian crisis
– Leading and coordinating MHPSS operations deployments, in the framework of new programs or area/projects opening following a disaster, in accordance with HI´s rules and standards and those of its donors
– Representing and promoting HI´s mandate in the framework of the emergency responses
– Contributing to the institutional capitalization and participating in the development and update of HI´s emergency methodologies, procedures, tools and trainings
PROFIL ATTENDU :
Education:-Diploma in Psychology, otherwise social work or training in social follow-up and access to services and/or work in prevention and response to violence linked with handicap, gender and age-additional training in management and development of humanitarian projects/operations, or equivalent, preferably in the field of international humanitarian action
Experience:–strong professional experience (at least 3 to 4 years) in emergency responses-proven experience of at least 2 years in a Manager or Coordination position, within the domain of MHPSS protection-confirmed experience in team management and representation-good knowledge of emergency donors regulations and process-experience in opening missions is a plus
Required skills:-high capacity for analysis and synthesis-ability to project quickly in an emergency context-mastery of the management of the project cycle-ability to train and build capacity-ability to conceptualize and formalize tools, methods and procedures-ability to handle conflicts-excellent communication including constructive feedback-rigor and organization-excellent command of French and English (oral and written) – Spanish is a plus-skills in IT tools (Office Pack)-knowledge of mobile data collection and analysis is a plus
LANGUE(S) DE TRAVAIL :Anglais : Courant
Français : Courant
SPECIFICITES/PARTICULARITES DU POSTE :This is a highly mobile position. Employee should expect to spend roughly 70% in the Field and 30% at HQ.
CONDITIONS :• Start of contract: 01/09/2020
• Type of contract: 18 months• Salary from 2800€ gross/month depending on the experience of the candidate• Additional benefits: luncheon vouchers and health insurance• Specific conditions for the emergency pool:- Flexibility/availability allowance (620€ gross/month)- Perdiem in proportion to the time spent in the field- Hardship allowance in proportion to the time spent in the field- Collective housing in charge of HI when in the field- Medical evaluation insurance International SOS• Working hours: 39 hours/week• Paid holidays; 25 days/year plus 22.5 days of additional holidays (RTT)