“Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity”
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ». HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in 62 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
HI is engaged in an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org.
JOB CONTEXT :
HI has more than 20 years of experience in Cuba in the implementation of sustainable development programs, strengthening local capacities in the sectors of education, livelihoods, emergencies and Disaster Risk Management and Adaptation to Climate Change with a focus on participation and inclusion in the pursuit of local development.
We have an operating office in Havana, and currently maintain a local programme with actions in Pinar del Río, La Habana, Matanzas, Granma, Santiago de Cuba and Guantánamo, implemented in coordination with the authorities and counterparts such as the three Cuban associations for the care of people with disabilities (Asociación Cubana de Limitados Físico Motors, ACLIFIM); National Association of the Blind of Cuba, ANCI; and National Association of the Deaf of Cuba, ANSOC; the Ministry of Labor and Social Security (MTSS); the Ministry of Education (MINED); the Ministry of Public Health (MINSAP); the Ministry of Science, Technology and Environment (CITMA); the Cuban Red Cross and local governments.
The strategic objective of the program is to continue to catalyze initiatives to build a more inclusive society by building on and strengthening the expertise, social structure and political will that exists in Cuba for the benefit of people with disabilities.
Our current projects in Cuba are:
- Professional insertion of People with Disabilities
- Community-based rehabilitation
- Inclusive management of disaster risks
Reporting to the Regional Director based in Colombia (Bogota), you are the legal representative in Cuba for the whole of HI and you promote the excellent reputation and positive image of the organisation. You contribute to the implementation of Humanity & Inclusion’s mandate and 10-year strategy within your geographical scope and you ensure the optimal quality and impact of the projects implemented in Cuba by means of a delegation system with appropriate control mechanisms.
You manage a team of 16 persons including 6 people directly reporting to you. The current size of the budget is about 600 000 per year.
In this framework, your main duties are:
- Contribution to the programme’s operational strategy and HI frameworks & regulations
- Legal representative
YOUR PROFILE :
- You hold a degree in administration, management, social science, political science, geopolitics.
- You have at least 5 years’ experience as coordinator
- You have a proven experience in team management
- You master Written and oral communication in Spanish and English or French
- You have an experience in management and leadership of multi-cultural and multi-sector teams, on-site and remotely
- You like negotiation and representation (internally and externally), networking and fundraising. You have a strong experience of working in partnership.
- You show strong management skills.
- You are able to lead the change.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE POSITION :
You are based in Havana and regularly visit (at least once every 3 months) the projects in Pinar del Rio, Santiago, Bayamo). Trips to Colombia and/or HQ are expected (1 “regional meeting” per year)
- Starting date : March 2020
- Length of the contract: 3 years
- Salary from 2972 € gross/month regarding the experience of the candidate
- Perdiem : 513€ net/month
- Insurances : medical hearth coverage, retirement planning, repatriation
- Paid holiday : 25 days per year
- R&R : 1 day per month
- Status : position open to families
- Housing : Collective / individual taken in charge by HI
Only online by joining a CV and cover letter via the following link: