Handicap International is changing his name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ». HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in 62 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
HI is engaged in an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org.
JOB CONTEXT :
Humanity and Inclusion is seeking a Monitoring & Evaluation Manager for an anticipated five-year USAID-funded Development Food Security Activity (DFSA) in Mali. This program seeks to improve and sustain the food and nutrition security of vulnerable populations in Mali. This program will be led by Humanity and Inclusion in consortium with both international and national NGOs.
The Consortium M&E Manager will work in close collaboration with the Consortium CLA (Collaboration, Learning and Adapting) Manager.
The consortium M&E Manager :
- Supports project managers in implementing the minimum project management processes described in the PME (Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation) policy and guidelines
- Is responsible for setting up systems for monitoring results and complying with methodological standards for conducting surveys
- Is responsible for setting up the data and information management systems defined at programme level for the consortium
- Is responsible for compliance with HI standards in terms of project evaluation of the consortium
- Is responsible for the implementation in the consortium of the accountability mechanisms to the populations, defined by the Mali MEAL manager
- Contributes to the definition of MEAL and Information Management (IM) action plans and implements them in the consortium
- Contributes to the external representation and promotion of HI’s expertise
- Assumes the role and stance of manager for his/her staff and helps facilitate MEAL and IM sector development
YOUR PROFILE :
- A master’s degree in quantitative field (economics, agricultural/development economics, statistics, biostatistics; nutrition, applied sociology, anthropology, or other relevant subject) with 8 years of experience
- Or a a PhD in any of the stated field of study above, with at least six years relevant work experience
- Experience and expertise in developing and operationalizing a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation plan
- Demonstrated experience in building or strengthening monitoring systems, quantitative and qualitative analysis, survey and sample design and effectively promoting evidence-based program management
- Demonstrated experience in leading the M&E of a large award, knowledge about TOCs, logic models, food and nutrition security indicators, M&E plans, data quality assurance, data utilization, and gender integration into M&E
- Experience conducting M&E activities in conflict and non-permissive environments is highly desirable
- Fluency in English and French with excellent writing skills required,
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE POSITION :
You are based in Bamako, a large capital city for the sub-region, quite pleasant and with many facilities. However, a list of restricted locations is imposed for all expatriate staff. Travel outside the capital and in the regions during long weekends is permitted but is subject to the validation of the Country Director and the Security Officer.
Limited travel is to be expected to the project intervention sites (Mopti, Timbuktu, Segou) with certain limitations in the north of the country according to the security rules in force. Supervision trips are also to be planned in Mauritania.
- Starting date : September 2020
- Length of the contract: From 2 to 5 years
- Salary from 2750€ gross/month regarding the experience of the candidate
- Perdiem : 522€ net/month
- Hardship allowance : 250€ net/month
- Insurances : medical hearth coverage, retirement planning, repatriation
- Paid holiday : 25 days per year
- R&R : Level 1 : 1 day per month
- Status : position open to couples
- Housing : Collective / individual taken in charge by HI according to status