Handicap Internationa recruits 01 Emergency WaSH, Food, Shelter Manager
Handicap International is an independent and impartial international solidarity organization, which intervenes in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflicts and disasters. Working alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, it acts and speaks out to meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
The network of eight national associations (Germany, Belgium, Canada, the United States, France, Luxembourg, the United Kingdom and Switzerland) works constantly to mobilize resources, to co-manage projects and to spread the principles and actions of the organization.
HI is committed to an employment policy in favour of persons with disabilities.
The Emergency Pool is composed of a team of emergency experts, ready to deploy within 72 hours. Their role is:
1) To conduct diagnosis and launch new emergency operations in the field
2) To support pre-established programs and teams to respond to a new disaster in the field
3) To contribute to lessons learned exercises, technical methodology and guidance, tool kits in coordination with Emergency Division team members, Shared services Divisions and Technical Divisions at HQ level.
HI is looking for an Emergency WaSH, Food, Shelter Manager.
Under the responsibility of the Emergency Pool / Area Manager and in close coordination with the HQ Emergency Livelihood specialist, the Emergency WaSH, Food, Shelter Manager will be in charge of:
- Participating in initial assessments of emergency response operations following a humanitarian crisis; and contributing to the development of the wider operational strategy;
- Leading and coordinating WaSH, food, shelter & NFI operations in the framework of a new program or area/project opening following a humanitarian crisis, in accordance with HI´s rules and standards and those of its donors;
- Distribution activities may cover one or all of the sectors( WASH, Food assistance, and shelter & NFI), but also a range of modalities including MPCA (Multipurpose Cash Assistance);
- Representing and promoting HI’s mandate during emergency responses in your field of expertise;
- Contributing to the institutional capitalization, participating in the development and updating of HI´s emergency methodologies, procedures, tools and trainings.
Expériences / Formation
- Bachelor or Master degree in Economics, Social sciences, Political Sciences, Civil Engineering, Bioforce or any related field);
- Preferred: Training in cash and voucher assistance (CALP, RedR,…);
- Strong professional experience (at least 5 years) in emergency response;
- Proven experience of at least 3 years in a Project Manager position within one of the following sectors of WASH, Food Security, Shelter & NFI or MPCA;
- Proven experience in in-kind and cash and voucher distributions;
- Experience in team management and representation;
- Good knowledge of emergency donors regulations and processes;
- Experience in opening missions is a plus
- High capacity for analysis and synthesis;
- High capacity in project cycle management;
- Ability to train and build capacity; to conceptualize and formalize tools, methods and procedures;
- Ability to handle conflicts;
- Excellent communication including providinges constructive feedback;
- Rigor and organization.
Language skills: Excellent French and English (oral and written) are essential. Spanish and Arabic are a plus.
- Type of contract : fixed term contact
- Additional benefits: luncheon vouchers and health insurance
- Working hours: 39 hours a week with 22.5 days of RTT (work time reduction) to be taken each year
- 5 weeks of annual leave
Only by the following link:
For further information about the association: www.hi.org
Only successful candidates will be contacted.