Groupe Baobab recruits 01 Operational Risk Manager – Ref: OPE-RISK-MA-2020 10
The successful candidate will report to the Group Chief Risk Officer and be the central expert operational risk management for the group, defining operational risk controls and performance indicators across the Holding and Subsidiaries levels. You will steer local Risk teams in subsidiaries, and monitor operational risks in partnership with Operations, Compliance and local General Management.
As Manager for this function, you will be the focal point of contact in Baobab to cover all issues related to operational risks, risk-related second level controls, relevant risk appetite, remediation planning and exposure reporting.
In liaison and collaboration with the Operations team, at Group and subsidiary levels, you will ensure operational risk controls are identified, implemented, monitored and reported on a regular basis. You will advise the teams on the best operational risk practices from both a tactical and strategical perspective.
You will ensure close cooperation with the Finance and Compliance teams at Holding and Subsidiaries level to deploy comprehensive second level controls, regular oversight of operational risks and contribute to the capital adequacy process.
- Oversee the operational risk framework by implementing and reviewing control self- assessments, and risk indicators to ensure the institution is within control standards
- Assess and challenge the first line of defense risk management practices and controls
- Partner with multiple stakeholders across the first and second line of defense, different lines of business and business functions
- Review operational risk incidents and complaints and work with internal stakeholders for remediation and risk mitigation.
- Lead risk reviews of RCSAs, risk events, risk issues and scenarios
- Identify and advise on operational risks across business functions including operations, finance, compliance, audit, HR, risk
- Continuously drive to improve and strengthen the organization’s operational risk management framework.
- Ensure group-wide capture of loss events information into loss event database, et regularly report key operational risk indicators
- Prepare monthly operational risk reports
- Support the communication of operational risk appetite, policies & processes across the group
- Provide subject matter expert advice to the institution relating to Operational risk management in financial services
- Spearhead the operational risk culture within the organization
- Lead and develop a team of operational risk professionals
- Conduct training on operational risk related topics
- Prior significant experience in financial inclusion services in Africa
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in operational risk management in microfinance and SME financing in a global environment
- Familiarity with national and international regulations on operational risk controls and frameworks in financial services
- Successful practical experience in operational risk framework implementation
- Demonstrated familiarity with operational risk metrics and data analysis
- Written and spoken French and English
- MS Office (particularly Excel and Powerpoint) and Google suite
- A naturally multicultural player and leader: you know how to interact with people with different cultures and different background creating trust, respect and an environment open to problem solving
- A good communicator, able to make analysis easy to understand thanks to compelling and clear arguments. You’re at ease in communication with overseas activities (phone, video calls). You love teamwork, and you understand what it takes to make the team succeed.
- A pragmatic, you always try to handle complex projects and subjects through simpler tasks and solutions. You’re organized and have a strong ability to manage urgencies through effective priority management.
- You have passion and energy. Because we love what we do, our enthusiasm is infectious. You can’t wait to get the virus as this is what makes you perform at your absolute best and see new challenges as an opportunity to contribute, make an impact, grow.
- You value and demonstrate unyielding integrity.
Application deadline: 21 November 2020.
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à firstname.lastname@example.org