Ground Truth Solutions recruits 01 Programme Manager
Ground Truth Solutions is looking for a Programme Manager/Senior Programme Manager (depending on experience) to work as an integral member of the core team as we scale up our activities. This position holds responsibility for designing and managing projects.
About Ground Truth Solutions
Our mission is to ensure that people affected by crises have a say in humanitarian action, from individual aid projects to global humanitarian reform. To achieve this, we collect feedback from people at the receiving end of aid. We challenge and encourage aid agencies to use this feedback to optimise their work. We influence policymakers, governments, and aid agencies to bring change to the humanitarian, health and environmental sectors.
About our work culture
We are a committed team of professionals who take the responsibility of receiving funds to work toward aid reform seriously. We strive for excellence, constantly challenging the status quo (internally and externally), and conducting ourselves with discipline, creativity, curiosity, boldness and candour. We seek diverse viewpoints. We work hard, we communicate directly and along the way, we have fun. If this sounds like an environment you would grow and thrive in, keep reading.
- Manage the design and smooth implementation of Ground Truth Solutions’ projects; with individual aid organisations, within whole responses or on global initiatives; acting as the main liaison with donors and clients, designing and refining research methodologies, managing data collection and analysis, producing high quality reports and deliverables and managing project budgets
- Lead on the development and presentation of new proposals to ensure the sustainability of work in programme countries
- Manage Ground Truth staff and support their professional development as well as supervise the work of independent consultants
- Contribute to the continued improvement of Ground Truth’s work through research on new approaches and methodologies
- Provide advisory support and training to aid agencies to help them with the use and uptake of feedback
- Play an active role in the dissemination of Ground Truth’s research and the advancement of advocacy strategies
- Represent Ground Truth at international fora with a focus on influencing policies to make humanitarian aid more people-centered
- Contribute to Ground Truth’s innovation and business development with humanitarian implementing agencies and donors, including national aid agencies
- Help refine and implement Ground Truth’s strategy to influence humanitarian policy and practice
- Act as a member of the Ground Truth Coordination Team (management group) and provide support or leadership in core responsibility areas (e.g. HR, finance, retreats, communications) as well as facilitating team meetings and learning sessions
We are looking for a candidate with:
- Master’s Degree or higher in a relevant field (e.g. political science, development studies, business) or equivalent experience in the humanitarian space
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience, preferably in the field(s) of project management and implementation in humanitarian operations, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and data analysis
- Experience with multi-disciplinary, multi-national teams in complex emergencies / environments
- High level of familiarity of humanitarian sector and humanitarian accountability or reform debates and initiatives
- Experience in engagement with UN Country Teams, government officials, local civil society, INGOs, donors an advantage
- Willingness to travel for work to crisis affected countries, including conflict settings
- Experience of mixed methods research approaches
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to represent Ground Truth and the project professionally in external relations
- Strong organisation and coordination skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, creatively and flexibly
- Fluency in English is required, French and Arabic are highly desired
- Do you have other skills you think we need? Let us know!
What we offer
A contract (full time) with a competitive package under Austrian law with the possibility of extension. The position will ideally be based at our HQ in Vienna. If the location is prohibitive for you but you tick all the other boxes, please apply anyway, and explain this in your application. GTS offers a flexible work model.
How to apply
Tell us who you are, why you care and what you can do to help us achieve our vision. We are NOT interested to read a mere summary of your CV in your cover letter. Instead, tell us what exactly why you want to work for us, and what prepared you for this position. Tell us how you integrated into a team elsewhere and how you contributed to another organisation’s success.
Submit your application (CV and short cover letter) to email@example.com with the subject “PM application” by 30 January 2022. Note that only PDFs will be opened, to protect us from malware.
GTS receives a high volume of applications. Any submissions that don’t meet the requirements above will be disregarded. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The selection process will include multiple interviews and potentially a written exercise.
Expériences / Formation
Master’s Degree or higher in a relevant field (e.g. political science, development studies, business) or equivalent experience in the humanitarian space
Submit your application (CV and short cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “PM application” by 30 January 2022.