Grants Up to $50,000 available under Impact Fund Grant Program (United States)
Applications are now open for the Impact Fund Grant Program to award recoverable grants to legal services nonprofits, private attorneys, and small law firms who seek to advance justice in the areas of civil and human rights, environmental justice, and poverty law.
- Social Justice: The impact fund provides grants and legal support to assist in human and civil rights cases. They have helped to change dozens of laws and win cases to improve the rights of thousands.
- Environmental Justice: The impact fund provides grants to support impact litigation for environmental justice. These are often cases no one else will support.
- Economic Justice: The impact fund provides financial and other forms of support to cases fighting for economic justice. From workers’ rights to consumer protection for vulnerable populations, impact litigation is a powerful tool to hold corporations accountable.’
- They award grants four times per year, most within the range of US$10,000 to US$50,000.
- The Impact Fund makes recoverable grants to lawyers, small law firms, and nonprofit organizations involved in impact litigation. They fund civil rights, human rights, anti-poverty, and environmental justice cases that will affect a marginalized group. Most of our grants are for class actions, but they also fund multi-plaintiff and environmental justice cases that aim to significantly affect a larger system or lead to significant law reform. Impact Fund grants may be used for out-of-pocket litigation expenses such as expert fees and discovery costs, but not for attorneys’ fees, staff, or other overhead.
For more information, visit Impact Fund.