Deadline: 14 November 2019
The Arts Promotion Centre Finland has announced a “Grants for Mobility” program to promote the international mobility and networking of artists and art experts living in Finland.
The objective of grants for mobility are intended for professional artists or working groups formed by them, as well as for experts in different fields of the arts.
Grants for mobility are intended to cover the costs of trips abroad. These trips must be connected to projects that are significant artistically or in terms of a specific artform, and in connection with which the applicant shall
- appear or present his/her art outside of Finland
- work at an artist residence
- develop his or her own work
- promote the working environment within the artform
Grants for mobility may be used to cover the costs of trips abroad insofar as other funding is not available. Acceptable costs include:
- travel tickets (using the least expensive form of public transport)
- reasonable accommodation costs
- artist residence costs
- other direct travel costs
- reasonable living costs (working costs)
Grants for mobility may not be used to cover
- material costs
- production costs
- freight charges
- daily allowances
- trips within or to Finland
- familiarisation trips
- competition trips
- studies abroad leading to a degree
- Grants for mobility are generally awarded for the amounts of 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000 or 5000 euros.
- Grants awarded to working groups may be for larger amounts. Grants amounting to less than 1000 euros are generally not awarded.
- If the applicant is a working group
- The application should be made by the contact person for the working group. The names of the other members of the working group should be included in the application.
- The contact person should include with the application a short description of the artistic activities of each member of the working group.
- Each member of the working group is responsible for how the grant funds are spent and for providing clarification. The contact person for the working group is responsible for submitting the clarification by the deadline.
- The working group refers only to those individuals who are undertaking the trip and not the entire working group of the project. Applications may not be submitted on behalf of another person; the contact person must be one of the persons undertaking the trip.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Country: Finland
For more information, please visit https://www.taike.fi/en/grants-for-artists/-/stipend/9rRrDr7eX4Xl/viewStipend/11172