Grant Program for NPOs working on Environmental and Social Causes in New Zealand & Australia
Deadline: 30 July 2019
The Macpac is pleased to announce its Fund for Good which is their way of giving back, and helping those committed to creating long-term change for the good of our people and planet.
Here at Macpac, their team are passionate about protecting our environment and its wildlife, having a lasting positive impact on people’s lives through the outdoors, and supporting the communities connected with them.
The groups they support fall into one of three areas:
- Adventure-Based Social Development: We believe that time spent outside is simply better for all of us. We’ve seen first-hand the amazing positive outcomes that can be achieved through time in the wilderness, for those who wouldn’t otherwise have the opportunity to get out there and experience true adventure for themselves. So they support those using the outdoors as a vehicle to help others. These community organisations run programs designed to rehabilitate, reform, or generally improve lives through experiences in the outdoors. Macpac thinks the work they do for others is pretty incredible.
- Environmental Projects: We’re completely in love with the outdoors… completely and utterly. It’s vitally important to all of us at Macpac to play our part in preserving our wilderness, and its wildlife, for generations to come. We recognise the impact that simply doing business can have on our precious planet – so we’re constantly working to reduce our own environmental footprint. They use the Macpac Fund for Good to support projects working hard to preserve our natural environment, restore and protect habitats, and to look after the creatures that call them home. Wherever we can, we do our bit to ensure we all continue to enjoy them for many years to come.
- Ethical Manufacturing: For them, sustainability begins with quality products that last. To meet their high standards, their factories are carefully selected for their ethical practices as well as their quality and commitment to innovation. Their workers are highly skilled and dedicated to their craft – every day they work tirelessly to create and assemble high quality goods that will travel the world, and last a lifetime. Often this means travelling and living away from their families, or relocating whole families to follow a work opportunity. Without them they wouldn’t have products to bring to the applicants, so they want to make sure they know how much they’re appreciated. The creature comforts which we so often take for granted can really make a difference in their day-to-day lives, so they take a small portion of their Macpac Fund for Good funding, to give back to the talented people who make the products we love.
They don’t give large grants to just a few causes, they want to be able to make even a small difference to as many organisations as they reasonably can. So instead they award modest contributions of between $2,000-10,000 to those organisations who align with their ideals.
- If applicants are part of a not-for-profit organisation working on environmental and social causes related to the outdoors, then applicants may be eligible for a Macpac Fund for Good grant.
- Applicant’s activities need to be based in New Zealand or Australia, or their territories.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.macpac.co.nz/fund-for-good.html