Deadline: 30 September 2019
The International Renaissance Foundation has announced a grant contest for NGOs to launch a communication campaign on access to palliative care.
Palliative care is an approach that helps maintain and improve the quality of life, the dignity, and rights of patients of all ages with life-threatening or life-threatening illnesses. It is the provision of medical, social, psychological and spiritual help and support during the illness to the patient and his or her relatives and relatives.
The purpose of the competition is to support NGOs’ initiatives to launch an advocacy campaign on access to and access to palliative care. After all, a person has the right to a decent life and assistance until its completion. Untreated pain, both physical and mental, is a violation of this right. The main messages of the campaign should be focused on the motivation to treat seriously ill patients, to preserve their dignity and to have the rights, to explain the purpose, purpose and essence of palliative care, as well as to inform and advocate the right for palliative care, to explain its place in the state guaranteed package. Medical care services and services that may or may not be available to patients.
- Attracting the attention of society (both nationally and locally) to the need to respect the dignity of people (children and adults) who have serious, life-threatening or life-threatening illnesses; their problems and violations of their rights to palliative care;
- Informing that palliative care is guaranteed by the state to every citizen, ways of receiving such assistance, possible actions in case of violation of the right to it, as well as creating information tools that will help relatives and relatives of palliative patients to protect the rights of their seriously ill relatives;
- Provision of practical tools to protect the right to palliative care for patients and their relatives;
- Consolidation of community and community efforts to protect the rights of patients in need of palliative care and increase their access to quality, timely and comprehensive palliative care;
- Changing the perception in the mass consciousness of patients who need palliative care as “hopeless”, those who “need nothing” – to perceive them as having the right to dignity and assistance throughout their lives.
Non-governmental organizations, charitable foundations, initiative groups, patient communities that work in palliative care in Ukraine and are legally registered can participate in the competition.
Possible initiatives within the grant:
- Conducting charity events, concerts, street events, art events or competitions (photos, videos, etc.) to raise awareness of the rights of seriously ill people and palliative care – among a variety of target audiences, including students, the media (by bringing to light the stories of seriously ill patients and fighting for their rights to palliative care and the right to adequate pain relief);
- Creation of printed information materials (books, brochures, leaflets, posters, etc.), videos, online resources, conducting out-of-pocket campaigns on the right to palliative care and access to it;
- Development of new online tools (mechanisms) to protect the right to palliative care for relatives of seriously ill people;
- Organizing and conducting training events for medical staff in order to improve the quality of palliative care they provide to their patients;
- Conducting educational campaigns on the goals and objectives of palliative care among representatives of local communities and other target audiences;
- Involve and support relatives of patients in need of palliative care (training in care, support groups, advocacy campaigns, etc.).
- Compliance with the purpose and priorities of the competition;
- The complexity of the project, its focus on solving a number of related problems with clear expected results;
- A clear project implementation plan;
- Sound budget;
- Clear definition and realistic strategy of dissemination of activities and their results.
How to Apply
The projects should send via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://www.irf.ua/contest/konkurs-grantiv-na-provedennya-komunikaczijnoyi-kampaniyi-z-dostupu-do-paliatyvnoyi-dopomogy/