Graham F Smith Peace Foundation’s Major Grant to Promote Peace, Human Rights, and Social Justice in Australia
Deadline: 15 September 2019
The Graham F Smith Peace Foundation Inc. is currently accepting applications from individuals and community organisations for its 2019 Major Grant program in order to promote peace, human rights, social justice, and care for the earth.
The Graham F Smith Peace Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation established in 1989 to continue the work of Graham, who spent his life working for peace, justice, human rights and the dignity of labour. The work of The Peace Foundation is done solely by volunteers and made possible through their fundraising efforts and the generous donations of supporters.
The Peace Foundation supports arts projects that accord with one or more of the following objectives:
- promote peace and justice at family, community and international level
- lead to the end of injustice, racial tension, oppression and discrimination
- increase understanding and cooperation between political, racial and ethnic groups
- support the right of Indigenous people to economic self-determination
- educate the public in Australia about the alternatives to war as a means of solving international disputes
- promote the care of the earth
- promote ecologically sustainable development
- support oppressed people to control their environment for their daily needs
In 2019 the Peace Foundation will offer one major grant of $10,000 (no GST is included).
- Applications will be accepted from individuals and community organisations in Australia that propose art projects that can demonstrate:
- aims that are compatible with the Peace Foundation’s vision – ‘Working for Peace through the Arts’
- accord with one or more of the objects of the Foundation
- that funds will be used to support artists to create and/or present new work
- the project will be completed within 12 months of receiving the funds (unless extension is negotiated)
- and also:
- have the potential to touch many people – not only preach to the converted
- have a project process which is equally as important as the outcome
- include the possibility of working collaboratively with other individuals/groups/organisations
- include an education component
- involve a process of documentation
- Applicants may apply to the Peace Foundation for part funding of a project, if funding from other sources is already approved. Applicants should be clear about other sources of income in their budget (pending or confirmed).
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the application form via given website.
For more information, visit this link.