Government of the Slovak Republic launches Open Call on the Support of Restoration and Revitalisation of Cultural Heritage
Deadline: 29 November 2019
The Office of the Government of the Slovak Republic as the Programme Operator for the Cultural entrepreneurship, cultural heritage and cultural cooperation Programme has launched the Open Call on the support of restoration and revitalisation of cultural heritage for the reuse or further use of cultural monuments and promotion of their entrepreneurial potential.
Total allocation: EUR 10,539,725
In line with the state aid rules and taking into account the focus of this Call, the project grant can be used for the following cultural purposes and activities:
- museums, archives, libraries, artistic and cultural centers or spaces, theatres, cinemas, opera houses, concert halls, other live performance organisations, film heritage institutions and other similar artistic and cultural infrastructures, organisations and institutions;
- tangible heritage including all forms of movable or immovable cultural heritage and archaeological sites, monuments, historical sites and buildings; natural heritage linked to cultural heritage or if formally recognized as cultural or natural heritage by the competent public authorities;
- intangible heritage in any form, including folklorist customs and crafts;
- art or cultural events and performances, festivals, exhibitions and other similar cultural activities;
- cultural and artistic education activities as well as promotion of the understanding of the importance of protection and promotion of the diversity of cultural expressions through educational and greater public awareness programs, including with the use of new technologies;
- writing, editing, production, distribution, digitisation and publishing of music and literature, including translations.
- Any entity, public or private, commercial or non-commercial and nongovernmental organisations, established as a legal person in Slovakia.
- Natural persons are not eligible.
- Priority shall be given to:
- Projects implemented in the less developed and disadvantaged geographical areas and communities
- Projects that valorise cultural heritage, meaning that restoration of a cultural monument is a mandatory part of a project and priority is given to cultural monuments in worse condition
- Projects where networks with service providers (accommodation, leisure activities, restaurants etc.) and other local players are being created
- Projects with clear entrepreneurship strategy focused on generating incomes from cultural activities
- Project implemented in partnership with entities from Donor States (Norway, Iceland and/or Liechtenstein)
- Projects that aim to actively involve the local community
- Projects implemented in partnership or cooperation with cultural players (meeting the definition of the Creative Europe) and/or Cultural and Creative Centres
- Projects that promote cultural heritage of minorities, such as Jewish, Roma, etc.
- Projects combatting radicalism, extremism and hate speech
- Projects involving local craftsmen in the restoration works, e.g. through training in traditional skills in restoration and crafts
- Project implemented in areas with already existing touristic interest
- Projects that aims on establishing residential arts center
- Projects with a strong focus on the education functions of cultural heritage
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.eeagrants.sk/en/calls/open-call-on-the-support-of-restoration-and-revitalization-of-cultural-heritage-within-the-programme-cultural-entrepreneurship/