Application Deadline: Varying by Country
The Government of India is offering the Africa Scholarship through Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) under Africa Scholarship Scheme for Undergraduate, Postgraduate, M. Phil./Ph.D and Post-Doctoral Fellowship in various Indian Universities/Institutes.
At the inaugural plenary of the India – Africa Forum Summit held in New Delhi in April 2008, theHonorable Prime Minister of India announced the Government of India’s initiative to enhance the academic opportunities for students of African countries in India by increasing the number of scholarships for them to pursue under-graduate, post-graduate and higher courses.
The ICCR implements this scheme on behalf of the Ministry of External Affairs.
Under this Scheme, the Council offers 900 scholarships to the following countries:
|DETAILS OF THE AFRICA SCHOLARSHIPS|
- The selected candidates would be provided with return economy class air fares to the nearest international airport and Air-Conditioned III Train fare to the place of study, if so required.
- The selected students will be paid living allowance, contingent grant, house rent allowance and thesis expenses, as admissible under the rules of the ICCR.
- Air ticket for journey from Home Country to India will be provided by the Embassy and return ticket will be provided to the scholar in India.
- Applicant may approach this Embassy directly with duly completed applications, original educational documents and a certified copy of the same.
- Since slots are limited, applicants are requested to approach the Indian Embassy with duly completed application form as soon as possible well before the due date. Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
List of India Embassies by Countries: http://mea.gov.in/indian-missions-abroad.htm
For More Information: