Government of Canada launches Harm Reduction Fund
Deadline: 6 June 2019
The Government of Canada has launched the Harm Reduction Fund which is administered by the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC).
Harm reduction is a pillar of the Canadian Drugs and Substances Strategy and is integral to Canada’s effort to reduce the impact of HIV and hepatitis C on the health of Canadians.
View Sample Proposals
Join Premium and gain access to thousands of Proposals from Successful Grantees
The Harm Reduction Fund prioritizes front-line, community-based projects that aim to reduce HIV and hepatitis C infections among individuals who share drug-use equipment. Funding of approximately two years is intended to focus on communities where there is evidence of high rates of substance use, HIV and hepatitis C related to the sharing of injection and inhalation drug-use equipment.
- strengthen the knowledge of factors associated with increased vulnerability to HIV and hepatitis C among people who share drug-use equipment;
- strengthen the skills, competencies, and abilities of people who use substances and share drug-use equipment to prevent HIV and hepatitis C infections;
- reduce stigma and discrimination toward mental health, substance use, and people who share drug-use equipment; and,
- reduce risk-taking behaviour among people who use substances and share drug-use equipment (injection and inhalation equipment).
Customize Funding Alerts
Customize your email funding alerts based on your country and areas of work.
Organizations can apply for a maximum of two years of funding. Projects will be funded for a maximum of $125,000 per year.
- The following Canadian groups and institutions are eligible to receive project funding:
- not-for-profit, registered as incorporated, voluntary organizations or corporations; or
- not-for-profit unincorporated organizations, societies or coalitions; or
- provincial and territorial health providers including Regional Health Authorities and local Public Health Services;
- post-secondary institutions seeking to undertake community-based programming, but not research.
How to Apply
Search Grants using Filters
Premium Members can search grants using full & filter options
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Country: Canada
For more information, please visit https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/funding-opportunities/harm-reduction-fund.html