Global Citizen Year recruits 01 Program Manager
Reporting to the Senegal Country Director, the Program Manager is responsible for the continuous development and oversight of our operations in Thies. The Program Manager will lead the local team responsible for overseeing up to 50 fellows in the region, and all other stakeholders of the Global Citizen Year program. She or he will ensure the proper preparation, delivery and evaluation of the Program at a regional level.
- Help build and strengthen the Global Citizen Year culture amongst all stakeholders (Staff, Local Partners, Fellows, etc.)
- Provide crucial leadership to all stakeholders
- Maintain high standards for performance from all stakeholders
- Represent Global Citizen Year and its mission locally and beyond
- Manage the local team; 3-5 Team Leaders, Health and Safety Coordinator, Local Representatives, etc…
- Support and mentor team members in their development as leaders and professionals
- Hiring, on-boarding and training staff
Networking & Relationship Management
- Develop strategic partnerships that support the Global Citizen Year program and mission
- Manage relationships with key partners such as the language school, other service providers, strategic Apprenticeship Host partners and other strategic partners
- Ensure the high quality delivery of our program, including:
- Fellow coaching & trainings (Training seminars & others), and on-going fellow support
- Program development: find and vet potential sites and partners
- Training and ongoing support of local partners
Health and safety management & emergency response
- Manage and support Health & Safety Coordinator
- Appropriately support HSC manage and mitigate the risks associated with the program
- Supervise response to medical and non-medical incidents
- Strengthen local health & safety networks
- Manage the budget for program-related events
- Manage the local office
- Manage local program administration with support of the Country Director
- Lead and/or participate in projects and initiatives at a local, national and Global level
You are looking for a job that taps into your personal leadership potential. You’re thirsty to work with an organization that gives you significant responsibility and training that will help you move toward becoming the leader and professional you want to be in this world. You are energized when put in your “stretch zone”. You’re up for a challenge. You’re eager to learn. You enjoy working hard and are willing to do what it takes to get the job done. You want feedback. You want to be held to high standards of professionalism and performance. You are entrepreneurial, adaptable, and enjoy working independently and as part of a team. You are a skilled problem solver and self-starter. You are driven to find answers and thrive in ever-changing conditions. You like forging your own path and working independently while ensuring your work is of benefit to others.
- Full professional proficiency in French and English.
- Proficiency in Wolof
- 2+ years of management experience
- Proven ability to work under stressful conditions
- Mission-driven: Demonstrated commitment to the mission and vision of Global Citizen Year
- Exceptional cross-cultural communicator: Able to connect and communicate effectively with a diverse range of geographically dispersed individuals (Fellows, Staff, Local Partners,, etc.); High energy, an empathetic listener, and inspires confidence and calm under pressure. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Systematic and detail-oriented: Able to document and organize information quickly and systematically, with an eye for detail without losing sight of the bigger picture.
- IT systems capabilities: Microsoft Office, Google Apps
- 2+ years experience supporting youth/young adults, ideally in an international setting, including responsibility for assessing and managing risks
- WFA (Wilderness First Aid) certification and/or similar certifications related to risk management, health and safety
- Experience in developing and implementing risk management systems, ideally in an international setting
- International program experience: Direct personal experience participating in and, ideally, leading education programs abroad.
- Experience working and/or living in Senegal
- Experience using Salesforce
- Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience; comprehensive benefits package
- Location: Thiès
- Ideal Start Date: June 1, 2020
To apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter on our website. In your application, please also indicate how you learned of the opening and provide 3 professional references, your salary requirement, your current location, and the date you would be available to begin full-time work in Thies, Senegal.
Deadline: We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis. The review will continue until the position is filled.
Global Citizen Year is an equal opportunity employer. We know a diverse team produces the best results and we believe our team should reflect the diversity of leadership we aim to inspire. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.