Ghana Tech Lab (GTL) Africa AI Accelerator Program 2020 for Innovators
Deadline: June 25, 2020
Applications are open for the Ghana Tech Lab (GTL) Africa AI Accelerator Program 2020. The accelerator has been designed by Ghana Tech Lab (GTL) to promote local innovations in the field of artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data usage.
The first cohort will support 10 AI startups from Ghana, South Africa, Rwanda, and Uganda. The program partners are GIZ’s tech entrepreneurship and AI initiatives “Make-IT in Africa” and “FAIR Forward – Artificial Intelligence for All” and IBM.
The Program has been structured to provide startups with product development and business development support through a blended accelerator program with a virtual and physical interface. Customized to boost collaboration between startups and corporates, commercial partners, and investors, participating startups will receive support to meet clear growth aspirations through measurable targets setting.
Africa AI Accelerator program offers:
- 6 months of tailored and interactive virtual and physical sessions
- A fully-funded bootcamp training experience
- Connections to global networks and mentors
- Coaching and mentorship from AI experts from IBM
- Access to IBM’s Digital Nation Africa (DNA) platform and other digital tools
- Investment opportunities
- Strengthening technical capacity
- Strengthening business capacity
- Support to refine your AI solution
- Matching to cooperates as potential clients or partners
- Applicant should be a for-profit startup, operating in Ghana, South Africa, Rwanda, or Uganda, with a team of at least two people.
- Operational for at least one year
- Already have any of the following:
- An Artificial Intelligence (AI) or Machine Learning (ML) product or service.
- Have the prerequisites to include AI or ML into existing products or services including a detailed concept.
- Products or services which are needed to develop AI or ML products or services including training data collection.
- Have traction with early revenue and early customers, with a clearly demonstrated potential to scale.
- Have a business model with a social impact, i.e. with a solution to a problem as described in the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Have an up to date Venture Profile on VC4A with appropriate information for business and financing partners.
- Must be willing to commit and be readily available for all virtual sessions for the 6 month period of the Accelerator Program as well as an onsite bootcamp and onsite demo days in Ghana (contingent on easing of travel restrictions by participating countries).
If your startup meets all these eligible requirements, please proceed to apply for the program.