GGGI recrute 01 Représentant Pays
GGGI is seeking a Country Representative (CR) to lead and direct the operational day to day activities of its Senegal country program. Under the guidance of Regional Director for Africa, the CR will be responsible for the strategic leadership and direction of the country program to achieve GGGI’s vision of strong, inclusive and sustainable economic growth. This is a senior role requiring technical, leadership and managerial skills.
The CR will be responsible for the programmatic and operational management of one of GGGI’s largest and most dynamic country programs, which is currently implementing several large, innovative projects supporting the country’s green transformation and working with major development partners, among which the Qatar Fund for Development (QFFD), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF), the Government of Luxembourg, the Green Climate Fund, the MAVA Foundation, German International Cooperation (GIZ), OSIWA and the Ministry of Climate and Environment of Norway.
The nature of the program includes a wide variety of policy and investment projects aligned with the Government’s development objectives, especially the Plan Sénégal Emergent (PSE). It entails numerous interventions in the urban sector, in waste management and sanitation, in climate smart agriculture and in water/energy/food nexus, in nature conservation and in investment mobilization through institutional and private agents. Reporting to the Regional Director for Africa, s/he will represent GGGI with the Government of Senegal, as well as various stakeholders. S/he will lead a team of the development of the country planning framework, mobilize new resources for the program, and oversee the development and implementation of projects. In close collaboration with the other CRs in West Africa (currently Togo/Benin/Ghana and Burkina Faso/Cote d’Ivoire), s/he will also be responsible of further deploying a network of francophone countries and maintaining cross-learning and fertilization of knowledge across GGGI programs, as well as the overall management of financial and human resources
Work Program and Budget
- Develop an integrated and quality-assured Biennium Work Plan and Budget that is aligned with GGGI Strategic
- Plan 2030 as well as the Africa Regional Strategy 2021-2025, aligned with Country’s development plans and post-COVID green recovery actions;
- Deliver results on the ground based on the Work Plan and Budget for respective country program;
- Oversee the development and implementation of annual country budgets as per approved WPB.
- Develop networks and partnerships with national/regional institutions and lead in country donor collaboration and new project development
- Keep abreast of the trends within the donor environment in the Country.
- Undertake responsibilities for new proposal development for funding from earmarked sources, in close consultation with the Africa Regional Office and HQ.
- Be aware of donors’ procedures and monitor adherence GGGI and specific.
Management and Administration
- Provide oversight to all finance and administrative services in line with GGGI financial regulations
- Ensure that adequate internal control mechanisms are in place and review and minimize significant expenditure variances
- Facilitate annual and project-specific audit processes
- Ensure the preparation, accuracy and timely submission of monitoring reports
- Comply and consistently use all networks and systems established within GGGI (ERP, GO, CRM, etc.) for managing operations and reporting, including familiarity with on-line platforms for organizing virtual events and meetings
- Effectively manage national and international staff of the Senegal team in collaboration with HR department and as per GGGI’s staff rules and regulations
- Assume representation responsibilities with the Government of Senegal and leadership in the development and implementation of the Country Strategy in line with the GGGI’s Strategic Plan 2030 as well as the Africa Regional Strategy 2021-2025.
- Develop networks and partnerships with development partners, national/regional institutions, and lead in- country donor collaboration in thematic areas of interest to GGGI
- Facilitate the alignment of country programs to organizational thematic priorities.
- Lead, direct and mentor the country teams in line with the organizational strategy
- Keep abreast on socio-economic and political changes in the environment and undertake timely strategic review of GGGI’s country program ensuring continued relevance.
- Maintain close communication with the HQ on relevant factors.
- Ensure country program implements GGGI policies, procedures, operational guidelines, and standards.
- Ensure coordination with other divisions of GGGI for prompt support services as well as with Africa Regional office.
- Manage technical staff members supporting the country program from the Region and/or HQ.
- Identify core issues and opportunities for program/project development.
- Provide leadership support to staff development in country.
- Oversee adequate implementation of the performance management system.
- Organize regular meetings with the senior management team and all staff for the purpose of exchanging information, coordination, and learning.
- Ensure that the country team is effective, mutually supporting and sufficiently involved in decision making
- Ensure that the country program is maintaining a coordinated and agreed information exchange internally and externally.
- Ensure that key country documents are internally shared with the Regional Office and HQ and agreed upon before communicating to donors.
- Ensure that experiences and best practices are documented and shared across the organization.
- Advanced university degree in natural science, business administration, international development, economics, engineering or related fields
- Relevant professional experience (preferably 10 years) with managerial and budget responsibilities in an international organization, a large multinational business or consultancy, a large non-profit organization or government is a requirement
- Experience identifying, prioritizing, scoping, and implementing green growth opportunities in one or more relevant sectors such as water, energy, climate adaptation, waste, the urban and peri-urban development
- Demonstrated expertise within the above thematic areas of climate change adaptation and mitigation would be an added advantage;
- Demonstrated budgeting and program planning abilities and past performance, including experience of development and successful project proposals with donors, and subsequent delivery and reporting;
- Experience with result-based portfolio and project cycle management, monitoring & evaluation methodologies and principles and facilitation skills;
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating the establishment of networks and multi-stakeholder participatory processes
- Proficient written and spoken both French and English is an absolute requirement
- Adheres to GGGI core values of Boldness, Integrity, Excellence, Inclusiveness, and Transformational;
- Highly skilled in strategic planning, management, budgeting, monitoring and delivery;
- Ability to manage complex situations and facilitate the establishment of networks and multi-stakeholder participatory processes;
- Outstanding interpersonal, stakeholder engagement and consensus-building skills, ability to foster strong relationships with key government agencies, and understand their needs;
- Highly motivated and results-oriented individual;
- Flexible, responsive, energetic but humble, and able to manage multiple activities in multidisciplinary teams, while meeting tight deadlines;
- Possess multi-cultural literacy and be easily adaptable;
- Committed to continuous learning and proactive and mature attitude towards self-development;
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively within the region and beyond, always depending on post-Covid recommendations conveyed by Government, GGGI and WHO recommendations
- Understand and actively supports GGGI’s mission, vision, and values.
- Promote the optimum use of public resources.
- Promote an organizational culture of trust, transparency, respect, and partnership.
- Process and share information easily.
- Manage emotions and stress positively, builds rapport, and resolves conflict easily.
- Promote creativity and innovation among staff.
- Be able to lead where needed and provide solutions to project-level challenges
The Country Representative is a Band 11 position in GGGI’s salary scale, with a starting annual salary of USD 106,176.00. An offer of appointment for an initial contract will normally be made with due consideration given to experience and qualifications. Progression within the salary scale will be based on annual performance reviews.
Benefits for international employees based in dakar
GGGI provides an expatriate allowance of 20% of annual base salary per month. Establishment and relocation grant, airfares, annual home leave, insurance, childcare and education allowances are available for eligible employees and their recognized dependents. Employees are entitled to 27 days of annual leave, and access to Utmost Long-Term Savings Scheme (to which GGGI adds a contribution of 13%). Other non-monetary benefits include sick leave and compensatory leave.
GGGI Senegal has a Host Country Agreement in place with the Government of Senegal and therefore in case of an International Candidate occupying an International Position, GGGI salary, allowances and benefits is free of tax in the country of Duty Station.
Flexible work arrangments
GGGI is committed to providing a work environment that is sufficiently flexible to accommodate diverse life-cycle challenges and assist Staff members to achieve a better balance between work commitments and personal and family commitments, including repercussions of post-COVID conditions, thus ensuring high performance, long-term productivity and well-being of Staff members.
Family duty station
The assignment will take place in the nation’s capital, Dakar, a family duty station (Hardship classification A) with missions to the region. The living conditions in Dakar are good and the social climate is calm. Senegal is an open country that enjoys social stability resulting from the smooth functioning of state institutions. Senegal is also provided with a good level of infrastructure (e.g., roads) but the distribution of water and electricity can be unpredictable in Dakar and other cities and towns in the country, requiring many civil servants to use generators. Senegal is also a popular tourist destination. The reception and spontaneous hospitality of the Senegalese are among the many features of this West African country.
Closing date : 5 November 2021.Postuler