|GGGI recruits 01 Environment and Sustainable Development Expert Consultant|
Description de l’offre
Senegal: Environment and Sustainable Development Expert Consultant
Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI)
Grade: Individual Consultant F, Chief and Senior Professional
Occupations: Economic Development, Environment and Natural Resources
Close on 8 Jun 2021
Senegal: Environment and Sustainable Development Expert Consultant
The objective of the mission is to support the BOS in the process of structuring the GREEN PSE Program, by providing its expertise in the field of the environment and sustainable development. Specifically, the Consultant will contribute in close collaboration with the BOS project team to:
• Mapping of actors (public / private) concerned by the program in the field of environment and sustainable development;
• The collection and analysis of data necessary for the preparation of decision elements to be submitted to decision-makers;
• The review and analysis of the documentation in order to identify the various green investment opportunities in the field of the environment and sustainable development;
• Animation and facilitation of the various structuring activities conducted by the BOS;
• The production of the various deliverables as part of the structuring of the GREEN PSE;
• Collaborate with the other members of the Project Committee for the structuring of this program;
• The performance of all other related tasks that may be entrusted to it as part of the structuring of the GREEN PSE.
Based in Seoul, The Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) was established in 2012 as an intergovernmental organization founded to support and promote a model of economic growth known as “green growth”, which targets key aspects of economic performance such a poverty reduction, job creation, social inclusion, and environmental sustainability. GGGI works with countries around the world, building their capacity and working collaboratively on green growth policies that can impact the lives of millions. The organization partners with countries, multilateral institutions, government bodies, and private sector to help build economies that grow strongly and are more efficient and sustainable in the use of natural resources, less carbon intensive, and more resilient to climate change.
Senegal has adopted since 2014, the Plan Senegal Emergent (PSE) as a unique benchmark for public policies. This displayed political will triggered in the first operational phase of the PSE (2014-2018), a dynamic of economic expansion capable of ensuring the improvement of the well-being of the Senegalese population.
An analysis of the strong economic and social results recorded over the period 2014 – 2018 identified a number of challenges to be taken up in order to achieve the transformation of the Senegalese economy. The second operational phase 2019 – 2023 of the PSE will be used to meet these challenges, with a view at maintaining this strong, inclusive and sustainable growth dynamic. Among these challenges is the need to prioritize and highlight the country’s commitment to a green transition and move towards accelerating the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). In this regard, the President of Senegal has included in the framework of this second phase the Green PSE Program, as a priority to support this dynamic and provide practical responses to climate change and the achievement of the SDGs.
In relation to its missions in terms of structuring the priority initiatives of the State of Senegal, the PSE Operational Monitoring Bureau (BOS), in partnership with the Ministry of the Environment and Sustainable Development (MEDD) and the GGGI, plans to start structuring this important initiative.
The Republic of Senegal became a member of the GGGI in 2014. Since 2016, the GGGI supports the Government of Senegal in its transition to green growth through its dedicated country program. Over the past years, the Senegal country program has expanded rapidly in areas of climate smart agriculture, secondary green cities development, climate policy and carbon finance. In 2021, GGGI secured funding from the MAVA Foundation to implement the project named “Fast-tracking investment in nature for the green recovery of Senegal: designing and operationalizing the Green PSE” (2021-2022). The project aims at positioning nature conservation and restoration as a tool for Senegal’s recovery from Covid19 by supporting the BOS PSE in the structuring and financing of Senegal’s main environmental priority programme, the Green Emerging Senegal Plan (PSE). The project brings together a team of experts from GGGI VividEconomics to support the BOS PSE and the Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Development in their task to design the contents of Green PSE. Outcome 1 will help take stock of existing priority development programmes under Senegal’s recovery plan, and their projected effects on nature, which will feed in Outcome 2, focused on a fast-tracked design and operationalization process for the Green PSE, following an innovative but proven methodology.
GGGI is looking to hire an Environment and Sustainable Development Expert Consultant to support the BOS PSE process of structuring this important programme.
SPECIFIC TASKS TO BE PERFORMED
Under the general supervision of the Coordinator of the BOS Structuring Pole, the consultant must provide his expertise in the field of management and project management throughout the structuring process.
Pre lab phase:
• Carry out the mapping and characterization of actors in the environment sector and natural resource management;
• Carry out a bibliographic review of the documentation on the Green PES, in connection with the environment and sustainable development sector;
• Carry out a critical analysis of the regulatory and legal framework in force in Senegal in the field of the environment;
• Perform international benchmarks of similar initiatives launched in the environmental field;
• Support the BOS in the organization of brainstorming sessions with key players and the facilitation of consultation frameworks;
• Collect and analyze the data necessary for decision-making regarding the strategic orientations of the program;
• Support the BOS in the preparation and facilitation of the strategic orientation workshop.
Conduct of roadshows:
• Support the BOS in the design of roadshow materials on aspects related to the environment and sustainable development;
• Mobilize stakeholders from the public and private sectors through roadshows to ensure their full participation in the project structuring process;
• Support the BOS in facilitating awareness sessions with stakeholders;
• Support the BOS in the analysis, determination of selection criteria related to the environment and sustainable development and the choice of public and private projects that will participate in the Lab.
• Assume alongside the BOS the role of facilitator of the working groups set up and carry out daily reporting on the results obtained;
• Provide added value on analyzes, discussions and deliverables on aspects related to the environment and sustainable development;
• Assist the BOS in the preparation of the various Lab events: Lab opening session, mid-Lab syndication, Lab closing session.
DELIVERABLES AND PAYMENT SCHEDULE
The consultant will support the project team in the production of the following deliverables:
Deliverables Contents Deadline Payment %
Deliverable1: Mapping of Actors and Projects and Programs in the Environment and Sustainable Development Sector – Stakeholder contacts (first name, last name, structures, telephone, e-mail) and characterization (missions, activities, description of projects, state of progress, etc.). 1 weeks after contract start 10%
Deliverable2: Bibliographic Review of PSE Vert – Brief on sectors with high development potential, green jobs and investment opportunities in the field of environment and sustainable development (summary sheets by sector or domain: description of the sector, opportunities, leveraging development of green jobs, public and private actors concerned, etc.). 1 weeks after Deliverable1 20%
Deliverable3: Data and Analysis on the Environment and Sustainable Development Sector – Primary and secondary information on the evolution of the environment and sustainable development sector.
– Results of data analyzes to serve as a decision support tool in the framework of the strategic orientation workshop. 2 weeks after deliverable2 10%
Deliverable4: Roadshows Support – Presentation documentation of the Green PSE program on aspects related to the environment and sustainable development and mobilization of public and private actors to encourage them to propose projects under the Green PSE. 2 weeks after deliverable3 20%
Deliverable5: Selection Criteria for Projects and Initiatives at the LAB – List of criteria to be taken into account for the choice of projects / initiatives.
– Results of the selection of successful projects and initiatives. 2 weeks after deliverable4 10%
Deliverable6: Formulation of Projects in the Environment and Sustainable Development Sector – Support for Lab stakeholders in the formulation of projects in the environment and sustainable development sector and drafting of complete project documents. 2 weeks after deliverable5 20%
Deliverable7: Final Report – Final Report which reflects the outcome of all activities prepared by the consultant. 2 weeks after deliverable6 10%
The Consultant shall submit A Final Report which should reflect the outcome of all activities prepared by the consultant. All relevant technical papers, reports, and other documents prepared from the start to the end of the assignment shall be attached to the Final Report. The Consultant shall submit the report in both hard copies and electronic versions readable by a Microsoft Office application.
All outputs must be in French and the Final report shall be in French and English. In addition, the Consultant may be required to submit the outputs in other languages.
Final report must be approved by the GGGI with the agreement of the BOS PSE. The Consultant shall consider the comments and necessary revisions proposed. Within 14 days from the receipt of the comments or modification proposal from the GGGI, the Consultant shall prepare and submit the final versions of the report.
The Environment and Sustainable Development Expert Consultant is expected to possess the following expertise:
Qualifications and skills
• Master’s degree (Bac +5) in environmental sciences or an equivalent university degree in a similar field;
• Having an additional degree in economics, project management or management (MBA type) would be an asset;
• Have practical experience of at least seven (07) years in the field of the environment and natural resource management, particularly in the structuring and implementation of environmental projects;
• Have practical experience in the field of multidisciplinary and multicultural working group facilitation;
• Have a very good knowledge of the environmental sector at national, regional and international level, an established network and great communication skills with the actors of the sector;
• Have at least one (1) comparable experience as a consultant in the implementation of policy, strategy or support for the implementation of projects in the field of environment and sustainable development;
Skills and knowledge
• Excellent analytical, writing and communication skills;
• Excellent command of computer tools, in particular Word, Excel and Power Point software;
• Strong analytical and synthesis skills, and writing skills;
• Bilingual French / English;
• Excellent oral communication skills;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Open-mindedness and acceptance of feedback;
• Responsiveness, proactivity and ability to make rapid decisions;
• Strong ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Applicants are requested to submit the following material together with their applications:
• Cover letter, and CV with Professional references in English
• Copy of diplomas and certificates obtained;
• Table of similar experiences of services provided;
Date to close is 06/05/2021 Korean Standard Time (KST). Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered Application. A consortium, or a firm may not be engaged for the individual consultant assignment.
Contract details are as follows:
• Project: Fast-tracking investment in nature for the green recovery of Senegal: designing and operationalizing the Green PSE
• Duty Station: The consultant must be based in Dakar for the duration of the mission and must be mobile throughout the national territory.
• Contract Duration: June 2021 – 31 December 2021 (part-time/deliverable based contract)
• Total Fees: Up to USD 13,200 dependent on credential
Child protection – GGGI is committed to child protection, irrespective of whether any specific area of work involves direct contact with children.
GGGI’s Child Protection Policy is written in accordance with the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
|COMMENT POSTULER ?|
Apply online :