Georgia: Call for Proposals to support Vocational Educational Training in the Field of Agriculture
Deadline: 8 July 2019
The United Nations Development Program Georgia (UNDP) with the financial support of the Swiss Development and Cooperation Agency (SDC) is implementing the project “Modernization of Vocational Education and Training system (VET) related to agriculture in Georgia (Phase II), which aims at creating and developing a modern system of vocational education and extension in agriculture in Georgia.
The purpose of the Call for Proposals is to support vocational educational, training/retraining institutions and other short-term training provider organizations(NGO’s) operating in the field of agriculture, for their capacity building and further development to implement new authorization standards through the allocation of small grants.
To this end, UNDP project intends to:
- Strengthen public-private partnerships in the delivery of vocational education;
- Support institutional development of vocational educational institutions;
- Strengthen human capital;
- Enhance the capacity of VET institutions in the preparation and development of project proposals.
Grant Project Application shall be in line with above-mentioned main directions of the grant competition and should strive to achieve at least one output listed below preferably with the focus on the agricultural sector:
- Improvement of the internal efficiency of the management system, including quality management system (QMS), operations and administration of resources.
- Improvement of the teachers in-house professional development system;
- Promotion of vocational education;
- Establishment of linkages with the labour market through strengthened cooperation between the private sector and vocational education and/or vocational training institutions and by introduction of the supporting tools;
- Improvement and development of the quality and consistency of vocational education and training, improvement of learning outcomes assessment practices;
- Development of student services including extracurricular activities;
- Strengthening and development of the engagement of all, including women and socially vulnerable groups;
- Strengthening lifelong learning opportunities in the agriculture sector;
- Introduction of entrepreneurial and innovative schemes to support the provision of high quality and market-relevant VET programs, including interdisciplinary and WBL programs, production value chains, jointly provided programs, VET-based agricultural extension models, etc.
The amount allocated for each grant should be not less than GEL 10,000 and up to GEL 40,000.
Project Implementation Timeframe
Duration of the grant project submitted within the grant project application shall not exceed 24 months, starting from the date of the contract signature to the date when all relevant activities have been successfully completed.
- Vocational educational, training/retraining institutions and other short-term training provider organizations (NGOs) operating in the field of agriculture/food processing. All the above-mentioned institutions have to demonstrate proven experience and capabilities in carrying out the formal and/or non-formal vocational education and training in the field of agriculture/food processing.
- Organizations should be registered in accordance with the legal requirements of the Government of Georgia, must be able to provide the organization’s statute and the debt certificate.
- Coalitions (partnership) with VET/training providers, NGOs and the private sector are encouraged.
How to Apply
Please send the completed application electronically via e-mail at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit http://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=56415