GALFA: Seeking Applications for Small Grants Program
Deadline: 19 September 2018
The Gay and Lesbian Foundation of Australia (GALFA) is seeking applications for its Small Grants Program to support LGBTIQ individuals and or organisations and communities who would otherwise be limited by the constraints of other funding programs. It is intended directly or indirectly to assist, involve and benefit LGBTIQ members and promote positive social outcomes and mental health in the community.
GALFA welcomes applications that are particularly creative and innovative, and those that are put forward by individuals and organisations that have not received small grant funding in the previous 2 years. GALFA also looks for projects that work as partnerships between individuals and organisations
For selected expressions of interest for the GALFA Small Grant Round (up to $500) GALFA invites a simple two-page application.
GALFA will invest in projects that benefit either LGBTIQ individuals or strengthen LGBTIQ organisational capacity:
- Individuals – at least one of the following intended outcomes LGBTIQ community members will:
- be more connected to each other and to their community
- have improved skills and knowledge
- have enhanced wellbeing and resilience
- participate more fully in their community
- Organisational capacity – at least one of the following intended outcomes LGBTIQ organisation will:
- be better able to recruit and retain volunteers and members
- work better with the community and/or other organisations
- improve the skills and knowledge of volunteers/members
- develop resources it needs to undertake its work.
The planned activity must involve and benefit LGBTIQ members and promote positive social outcomes in our community.
Eligible applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a permanent resident or community group, operating in Australia.
- Applicants need only be a group of people with a common interest.
- It is preferred that individuals / groups apply through an Auspice organisation, but it is not a necessary requirement.
How to Apply
Please apply using the online GALFA small grants application form via given website.
Eligible Country: Australia
For more information, please visit Small Grants Program.