Future Generation Art Prize
Nominations are now open for the Future Generation Art Prize, a biannual global contemporary art prize to discover, recognize and give long-term support to a future generation of artists.
Established by the Victor Pinchuk Foundation in 2009, the Prize supported the artistic development and production of new works of over 100 artists in exhibitions at the PinchukArtCentre in Kyiv and as official collateral events at the Venice Biennale in 2011, 2013, 2017 and 2019.
- Special Prizes: Up to 5 special prizes are awarded at the discretion of the jury. A total amount of US$ 20,000 will be awarded to special prize winners for supporting projects that develop their artistic practice.
- Main Prize: The main prize winner receives US$ 100,000 split between a $60,000 cash prize and a $40,000 investment in their practice.
- All artists up to 35 may apply with their work without any restrictions concerning gender, nationality, race or artistic medium.
- The artists apply through an open call via the Internet.
- Additionally, 300 correspondent art experts from all over the world will nominate a minimum of two and a maximum of five candidates. The experts are curators, artists, critics and tutors at art colleges and academies. All artists apart from former Prize winners are eligible to apply multiple times, as long as they continue to fulfill the entry conditions.
- A selection committee will review the applications and select up to twenty artists for the exhibition. The selection committee has the right to exclude applications which do not comply with the rules. The selection committee consists of experts on contemporary art. The members of the selection committee are put forward by the Jury. Each Jury member suggests one Committee member.
For more information, visit Future Generation Art Prize.
Laisser un Commentaire