Funds for Local Cooperation to support Initiatives of local NGOs & CBOs in Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia
Deadline: 21 January 2019
The Finnish Fund for Local Cooperation (FLC) is now open for Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia to support initiatives of local nongovernmental organizations, community-based organizations and other institutions.
The FLC helps local civil society actors to carry out well-targeted projects with a clear goal and sustainable outcome in the field of human rights, democracy and good governance, particularly in regard to gender equality. The approach is to establish partnerships with a limited number of organizations instead of supporting one-time activities like workshops or seminars.
Priority areas of the FLC in Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia in 2019 are gender equality, disabled persons and economic empowerment of the most vulnerable.
The Embassy prefers to focus on projects with the cost of share of around 15 000 – 25 000 euro
- The organization(s) in question should have a genuine, credible domestic basis; the proposed program should not be launched or fully financed by the donor.
- Activities proposed should reach a large audience and have potential for a broad impact.
- Prospective applicants must provide detailed information on their organization.
- The applications will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- Past experiences of projects with similar focus
- Specific, achievable and relevant objectives of the project
- Clarity on the main beneficiaries
- Effective and efficient use of the funds
- the organization needs to demonstrate in the proposed budget that the funds will be used effectively to reach the specified objectives
- Innovative approaches to solve problems in the community
- Regional and cross-border approach is appreciated
- Sustainability of the results. The organization needs to indicate clearly how the impact of the project will be sustainable after the funding from the Embassy of Finland has finished.
- Overall openness is important. The projects have to be registered in Armenia, Azerbaijan or Georgia.
How to Apply
- Application and possible attachments have to be written in English. The budget has to be submitted in euros. Only complete applications will be considered.
- Applications and possible further enquiries can be sent via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://um.fi/roving-ambassador-for-south-caucasus