Funding for Artist Residencies: Strengthening Artistic and Cultural Cooperation in the Nordic Region and Baltic States
Deadline: 7 February 2019
Nordic Culture Point is seeking applications for its ‘Funding for Artist Residencies’ programme to strengthen artistic and cultural cooperation in the Nordic region and Baltic states.
The programme focuses on increasing the exchange of knowledge, contacts, presence and interest in Nordic and Baltic art and culture. The Nordic-Baltic Mobility Programme comprises three forms of funding: mobility, network and funding for artist residencies.
Funding for artist residencies may be granted up to EUR 50,000. The funding is administered by the centre and should cover costs arising from the Nordic or Baltic artist’s stay at the centre.
- The support enables residency centers in the Nordic and Baltic countries to invite artists for a stay at the residency centre. During their visits artists should be able to work on their projects undisturbed, meet colleagues and create contacts with the centre’s art and culture scene.
- The application should contain plans for at least two (2) professional artists to be invited from another Nordic or Baltic country than the one where the centre is located.
- “Professional” means that applicants have documented experience of work within the field of art and culture and/or have studied art or culture.
- The duration of the stay is not limited, but the Nordic-Baltic Mobility Programme for Culture recommends that the duration of visits should be approximately 2-4 months.
- If the application fulfils the aforementioned requirements, the residency centres can select artists based on their rules. It may be individual artists and small groups.
- Applications are welcome from residency organisations as well as organisations, institutions and groups working on new residency initiatives in the field of the
- The funding is open for all art and culture areas and they can apply for funding once per year.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.nordiskkulturkontakt.org/en/grants/about-the-grant-programmes/funding-artist-residencies/