Funding Call to Promote the Benefits of U.S. Economic Engagement in Indonesia
Deadline: 12 July 2019
The U.S. Embassy in Jakarta, Indonesia has announced an open competition for organizations to submit applications to design and execute a program promoting the benefits of U.S. economic engagement in Indonesia.
The project will be used to tell a compelling story of how cumulative U.S. economic engagement in Indonesia has benefitted individuals, communities, and the nation as a whole. The project will include a messaging campaign that highlights the positive aspects of the U.S.-Indonesia economic relationship, including qualitative aspects such as: private sector human resources development, corporate anti-corruption programs and requirements, and voluntary technology transfer and skills development efforts.
- Target audience(s) possess an increased awareness of the benefits of high-quality U.S. economic engagement in Indonesia.
- Target audience(s) can differentiate the positive aspects of U.S. private sector-led economic engagement from other models.
- Target audience indicates an increased preference for U.S. economic partnerships.
To improve awareness of U.S. economic engagement in Indonesia, the Embassy seeks a grantee that can conduct the following activities:
- Identify target audience(s) whose increased knowledge of U.S. economic engagement would most benefit U.S. interests. Establish baseline opinion data on views of U.S. economic engagement and set performance targets.
- Using data generated by a separate U.S. government-funded project and through interviews with U.S. companies, identify themes that highlight the quantitative and qualitative benefits of private-sector led U.S. economic engagement and which differentiate that engagement from other models.
- Generate media content that focuses on the identified themes and which feature Indonesians who have benefited from U.S economic engagement. (See U.S. Embassy Singapore’s American Corporate Excellence campaign for an example of one type of content).
- Execute a messaging campaign that promotes the themes through multiple mediums (advertisements, events, social media, multimedia, etc.).
- Award Ceiling: $200,000
- Award Floor: $150,000
The following organizations are eligible to apply:
- Funding may be awarded to civil society groups, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), federally funded research and development centers (FFRDCs), private companies, and academic institutions. Prior experience running messaging campaigns and public opinion research in Indonesia is a plus. The Embassy does not have the authority to award to public international organizations. Before submitting, potential applicants should ensure that they are able to receive a cooperative agreement and prepared to adhere to the terms of 2 CFR 200. All applicants must be legally registered organizations and in possession of a DUNS number prior to applying to this announcement.
- The Embassy welcomes applications irrespective of an applicants’ race, ethnicity, color, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via online portal given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=316893