Forus recrute 01 Chargé(e) de plaidoyer – Advocacy officer
Forus is a global network empowering civil society for effective social change. It brings together 69 National NGO Platforms and 7 Regional Coalitions from Africa, America, Asia, Europe and Pacific.
Forus mandate is to influence decision-makers, by advocating for more effective and people-centered public policies together with network members, at national, regional and international levels. Under its strategic pillar “Influence”, from pushing for more civic space and an enabling environment for civil society, to the implementation of the sustainable development goals, financing for sustainable development and much more, Forus members collectively advocate for social change.
Forus seeks an Advocacy officer to support the Forus Advocacy coordinator and work closely with the other colleagues of the Forus Secretariat. As a member-led network, Forus is committed to working closely with its members in all activities.
The Advocacy Officer will support the Advocacy coordinator in executing Forus’ global advocacy strategy, engaging with stakeholders, and facilitating network members’ initiatives. This role requires a proactive, strategic thinker with a deep understanding of policy, advocacy, and the global development landscape.
Detailed responsibilities and tasks
Support in strategy development and execution
- Assist in the development and implementation of advocacy strategies and campaigns.
- Contribute to the production of policy insights, recommendations, and strategic documents.
- Support the organization and facilitation of Forus advocacy-related working groups.
Engagement and representation
- Coordinate with Forus members and partners to gather data and insights for policy analysis.
- Represent Forus in various fora, networks, initiatives, and events as needed.
- Build and maintain strategic partnerships to advance Forus’ advocacy priorities.
Coordination and communication
- Assist in the organization of meetings, workshops, trainings, and events.
- Facilitate smooth communication with members and stakeholders.
- Produce and disseminate advocacy updates and communications materials.
Administrative and supportive functions
- Provide support to the Advocacy coordinator, Forus team, governance, and network representatives in their advocacy roles.
- Assist in reporting, fundraising, and administrative tasks related to the advocacy sector.
- Contribute to internal process optimization and team engagement.
- Participate and support the organisation of Forus main events, such as seminars, Council meetings, General Assemblies etc.
- Any other tasks within the scope of the role as directed and agreed.
Expériences / Formation
Education & Minimum professional experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in an advocacy role, preferably in an international setting.
- Demonstrated understanding of global development issues and the international policy landscape.
Skills and knowledge:
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to create impactful advocacy strategies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Full professional proficiency in English. Proficiency in French and Spanish would be added value for this position.
- Proficiency in MS Office and experience with remote collaboration tools.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse, global team environment.
- Knowledge of constraints and challenges affecting the ability of civil society organizations to operate in different contexts and regions/countries.
- Commitment to Forus’ mission, vision, and values.
Personal qualities/interpersonal skills:
- Proactive, strategic thinker with a collaborative and team-oriented work style.
- High emotional intelligence and cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work under pressure.
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly.
- Starting date: March 2024
- Contract type: Full time position, employment contract (under French law) or service contract.
- Location: flexible, the Advocacy officer can be located in Forus’ offices in Paris or work remotely.
- Salary/compensation: dependent on experience.
- The application documents must be submitted as soon as possible per email to the following address: email@example.com.
- The application must be in English and include a motivation letter, CV and 3 references.
- Please send attachments in PDF and include the position (“Advocacy officer”) and your name in the subject of the email.
The position will be open until filled, and interviews will take place on a rolling basis. Only candidates who are shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.
Forus is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to make positions accessible to all regardless of nationality, ethnicity, race, age, disability, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or identity, religion, marital or parental status, etc.