Ford Motor Company’s Conservation and Environmental Grants to Support Ongoing & Non-Profit Projects
Deadline: 1 September 2019
The Ford Motor Company is currently inviting applicants for its 2019 Conservation & Environmental Grants programme to support ongoing and non-profit projects focused on Conservation Engineering, Protection of the Natural Environment and Environmental Education.
The programme was created to empower individuals and non-profit groups donating their time and effort to preserve the environmental well-being of their communities. By providing necessary funding and visibility, they hope to encourage the multiplication of similar grassroots efforts that will serve as catalysts for change across the globe.
- For 2019, a total of US$50,000 is available to be shared among the winning projects.
- For 2019, the maximum cap for the requested grant amount is set at $12,000. Large scale projects that require bigger funding may not be considered.
Categories under which an applicant can apply are as follows:
- Protection of the Natural Environment ‐ Projects to conserve flora, fauna and/or their respective habitats.
- Conservation Engineering ‐ Projects to reduce the rate of consumption of natural resources and/or pollution.
- Environmental Education ‐ Projects aimed at creating or increasing environmental awareness.
- Best in Research – projects that show use of research in finding solutions to the environmental issue and implementing them.
- Best in Community Engagement – projects that demonstrate involving/engaging the community to help in the environmental undertaking.
- Special category grants for World Environment Day 2019 – projects that best display the theme of “Beating Air Pollution”.
- Employees, officers, directors, dealers and agents of Ford Motor Company and affiliated and subsidiary companies, representatives, legal advisors, any other advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies (“Programme Team”) and the immediate family or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such employees are not eligible to apply or participate in the programme.
- Immediate family or relatives of members of the Ford Motor Company Conservation & Environmental Grants jury panel members are not eligible to apply or participate in the programme.
- Organisations that are affiliated to members of the Ford Motor Company Conservation & Environmental Grants jury panel members may apply, provided it is explicitly mentioned in the application form. In which case, during the judging process the juror in question would be excluded from grading and discussing the entry in question.
- Previous Ford Motor Company Conservation & Environmental Grants winners may reapply for funding provided they have submitted a completion report of their previously awarded project to their local juror as well as Ford Middle East and North Africa. Failure to do so will lead to disqualification from entry.
- This programme accepts entries from all types of not‐for‐profit conservation initiatives that are currently being implemented or ongoing and need additional funding support. Projects that are still in the planning stages and proposals will not be considered.
- Applicants can be: Individuals, Civil Society Organisations/NGOs, Schools, Colleges or Universities.
- Projects that are currently being executed in the following countries can apply for grants: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Morocco, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, and Yemen.
- No purchase is necessary to enter or be selected to participate.
- This programme is administered by Ford International Business Development, Inc. (“Administrator”), a branch owned by a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company.
- All applications will be judged by a jury panel of conservation experts who are not related in any way to Ford Motor Company or Administrator.
- The Jury panel will select winners from any of the categories in accordance with the following judging criteria: Usefulness and Practicality, Dedication, Originality, Replicability.
- The jury voting would take place virtually in October 2019. Winners will be announced in November 2019. Winners will be contacted in writing and by phone.
- The judges’ decision is final.
- If a winner is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made to do so, Grant money may be offered to the next best entry.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the application form available on the given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.me.ford.com/en/omn/about/environment/overview/