FoodForward Global Foodtech Accelerator 2018 (Up to €20,000 in Funding)
Deadline: July 29, 2018
The FoodForward Global Foodtech Accelerator 2018 is now open for applications. The Program aims at empowering innovation and entrepreneurial ecosystem in both the agri-food and retail sectors. The Program objective is to find startups that can provide innovative solutions that meet the needs of the Corporate Promoters, improve their core business and potentially create the new businesses for the future.
FoodForward is a global Foodtech accelerator that brings top Made in Italy corporates and best international innovators together to disrupt agrifood and retail sectors. The program, held in Milan, is powered by Deloitte and promoted by Corporate partners Amadori, Cereal Docks, Finiper Group along with leading investors such as Innogest and Digital Magics, Media & Community partner Seeds&Chips and Italian Public Institution Federalimentare.
The Selected Projects who accept and sign the conditions of the Program will receive:
- Economic contribution of €20,000.00 (twenty thousand euro) in exchange of up to 6% of the equity of the company that owns the Selected Projects and the following services, estimated in €50,000.00 (fifty thousand euro)
- Office spaces;
- Mentorship for the development of the project;
- Training sessions in order to speed-up the development of the project;
- Dedicated consulting services provided by OI;
- Participation in networking initiatives with national and international stakeholders.
- Open to the most promising Foodtech startups ready to rock the Agrifood & retail industry.
- The Call is eligible for:
- Italian and foreign companies limited by guarantees (società a responsabilità limitata) or limited by shares (società per azioni)
- Adult individuals (of 18 years of age and above), provided that such individuals will incorporate a company, within 30 days after the communication of the assignment of the call.
- The Call will be eligible to Projects with particular focus on the following areas:
- Circular economy: promote a regenerative model of the food chain, mainly focusing on sharing economy, food waste and sustainable packaging;
- Agritech: the use of technology in agriculture, horticulture, and aquaculture with the aim of improving yield, efficiency, and profitability. Agritech can be identified in precision farming, animal health, vertical and indoor farming and clean commodities;
- Omnichannel: a cross-channel business model that companies use to improve their user experience. It includes customer engagement & smart packaging, digital experience and digital native brands; x Alternative ingredients: exploration of new ingredients and new ways of eating. In these area you can be focused on plant based proteins, in vitro cell culture as well as novel and superfood;
- Quality and traceability: implementing these two factors is possible to increase the food quality, plant quality and food quality;
- Delivery revolution: alternative and more sustainable ways to deliver food, supported by digital restaurants, new delivery vehicles, direct to consumer & meal kit;
- Healthy lifestyle: innovation is helping us live longer, live stronger, and live better also thanks to precision nutrition & coaching, meal replacement and food supplements.
Read the official rules before you apply.