Food Enterprise Solutions recruits 01 Financial Officer
Food Enterprise Solutions (www.foodsolutions.global), a business based in Virginia, USA, seeks to hire a Financial Officer who is resident in Senegal to support the USAID funded Business Drivers for Food Safety (BD4FS) program in Senegal. This is an immediate opportunity for a professional with the qualifications and experience listed below.
BD4FS is a multi-year activity in Senegal, funded by the US Agency for International Development (USAID) under the US Government’s Feed the Future activity, whose purpose is to promote adoption of food safety technologies and practices among formal and informal businesses serving domestic consumers.
- Manage local budget, financial reporting, accounting, and banking operations for the project
- Supervise project office administrative and accounting staff
- Manage petty cash
- Prepare monthly financial reports and cash-flow projections
- Prepare contractual agreements for local consultants or other subcontracted entities
- In the absence of Country Program Director, serve as acting-in-charge
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, office supplies, etc.
- Oversee proper use of and documentation for local travel expenses, e.g. vehicle hiring, air-travel, bus, taxis, etc.
- Report to BD4FS Senegal Country Program Director
Experience and Qualifications
- Good language skills – speaking, reading, writing – in French and English
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Experience working on USAID-funded activities, or other donor-funded programs (preferred)
- Minimum 2 years of experience supervising others
- Advanced degree or certification in accounting and finance, or other relevant coursework (preferred: this requirement may be waived for years of relevant work experience)
Compensation and Salary
- Negotiable and based on documented salary history
- Social and fringe benefits to be provided according to Senegalese law and practice
To apply, submit cover letter, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com
Application deadline : April 16th, 2020