Focus Africa recrute 01 Accounts Officer
Focus Africa is a non-governmental organization with the primary Programs in South Sudan, Zimbabwe, Uganda, Zambia, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Somalia, Senegal, Tanzania and Kenya that promote ownership, alleviate poverty and promote sustainability in Africa and beyond, We seek to recuit an Accountant in our Kaolack Office,
Duties and responsibilities
- Process outgoing payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Writing and posting cheques in the system while ensuring correctness of the information.
- To maintain Petty cash that is adequate for the petty expenses and ensures timely cash reimbursement
- Issuing Purchase Orders on approved quotations including stock purchases
- Maintenance of PO register, follow up on undelivered and problem orders to ensure that the goods and services are adequately delivered
- To escalate any monthly outstanding orders so that further action can be taken by the management.
- Authenticate quotations for main services and goods and also maintaining a quotations file for future records.
- Reconciling supplier accounts for any reconciling items/transactions to get the correct and updated statement
- Receipt of suppliers bills, verification and request for approval. Posting and filing the approved invoice voucher in outstanding/unpaid invoice file.
- Produce costing for department utilities e.g. fuel, spares, stationeries etc.
- Analyze all company costs Comparing with the budget costs and escalating to the management for course of further action.
- Receipt of stocks in the sage system to ensure that the stock ledger reconcile with the physically received goods.
- Be involved in production of financial reports, P&L, Balance sheet and management reports
- Compliance; reconciled Input VAT, filing of the same and all other statutory obligations
- Any other that may be assignment by the management
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application: CV and cover letter at email@example.com received by 29/05/2022