Focus Africa recruits 01 Health & Safety Officer based in Dakar Senegal
Focus Africa is a non-governmental organization with the primary Programs in South Sudan, Zimbabwe, Uganda, Zambia, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Senegal, Somalia, Tanzania and Kenya that promote ownership, alleviate poverty and promote sustainability in Africa and beyond, We seek to recruit a Health and Safety Officer in our Senegal office.
- Develop health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal requirements.
- Implement the EHS Programs that comply with partner requirements and statutory guidelines.
- Enforce Environmental Health & Safety policies to establish a culture of health and safety.
- Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law.
- Coordinate and Conduct health training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention.
- Conduct regular environmental health and safety risks assessments
- Inspect equipment and machinery to capture possible unsafe conditions
- Investigate accidents & incidents to discover causes and handle associated documentation and reporting
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures
- Compile and report on health and safety awareness, issues and statistics.
- Recommend corrective measures after investigation of any arising incidences & accidents at the workplace.
- Bsc/BA Education in health and/or safety management or other relevant field.
- Professional certification in Environmental, Health & Safety
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in health and safety operations
- Deep understanding of legal aspects of health and safety
- Ability to produce reports and develop relevant policies
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills
email@example.com received by 14/05/2022.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisting will be done on rolling basis and Focus Africa reserves the right to fill this position before the deadline;