Application Deadline: 31st March 2016.
The Government of Flanders awards up to 45 scholarships to outstanding Master students. The programme aims to promote the internationalization of the Flemish Higher Education, as stated in the Action Plan for Student Mobility, Brains on the Move (September 2013).
The Flemish Government is the executive branch of the Flemish Community and the Flemish Region of Belgium. It consists of a Government cabinet, headed by the Minister-President and accountable to the Flemish Parliament, and the Public Administration (civil service) divided into 13 policy areas, each with an executive department and multiple agencies.
The eligible applicant must be registered as a full-time Student at a higher Education institution at the moment of application. Most institutions require proof of Dutch language proficiency for the programmes taught in Dutch and a preliminary language test for the Programme taught in another language.
The Flemish Host institution applies on behalf of the student.
You can find more information in the guidelines for application at the bottom of this page. However, you need to contact the Flemish Higher Education Institution to inquire about their internal selection procedures and deadline for submitting the application.
- KU Leuven / University of Leuven: Hilde Nijs – email@example.com /http://www.kuleuven.be/english
- University of Antwerp: International Student Office –firstname.lastname@example.org / http://www.uantwerpen.be/international
- Ghent University: Rein Reynebeau & Elisabeth Velle – non-ErasmusAgreements@Ugent.be / http://www.ugent.be/en/exchange
- Hasselt University: Liesbeth Oeyen – email@example.com /http://www.uhasselt.be/internationaloffice
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel: International Relations –firstname.lastname@example.org / http://www.vub.ac.be/en/study/ects
- University colleges (Arts and Nautical Sciences)
- Antwerp Maritime Academy: Willem Bruyndonx – email@example.com /http://www.hzs.be/en/
- Artesis Plantijn University College Antwerp: Annelies Verstraeten –firstname.lastname@example.org / https://www.ap.be/international
- Erasmus University College Brussels: Annelore Schittecatte –email@example.com /http://www.erasmushogeschool.be/international/studying
- Karel de Grote University College: Kris Naeyaert (study) – firstname.lastname@example.org / Kim Snelders (internship) – email@example.com /http://www.kdg.be/international/kdg-in-english
- LUCA School of Arts: Wim Aerts – firstname.lastname@example.org / http://www.luca-arts.be/en/exchange-students
- University College Ghent: Kathleen Vanheule – email@example.com /https://www.hogent.be/en/
General eligibility requirements
• The applicant is registered as a full-time student at a higher education institution (hereafter ‘Home Institution’) at the moment of application, and applies to take up a Master degree programme at a higher education institution in Flanders (hereafter ‘Flemish Host Institution’).
• The applicant should have a high standard of academic performance and/or potential. He/she meets all academic entrance criteria, including relevant language requirements, for entering the Master programme in question offered by the Flemish Host Institution.
• The Home Institution of the applicant and the Flemish Host Institution have signed a cooperation agreement.
• Students from all countries can apply. The Home Institution is located outside of Flanders.
• The duration of mobility is minimum 1 academic year and maximum the full duration of the master programme. If the student obtains less than 45 ECTS in the first year, then he/she loses the scholarship in the second year.
• The incoming student is awarded a scholarship of maximum €7.500,- per academic year.
• The Flemish Host Institution can ask the applicant for a tuition fee of maximum €105,- per year, which equals the rate of the yearly tuition fee for a student from an underprivileged group.
• The Flemish Host Institution submits the application, on behalf of the student. If a scholarship is awarded to the student, then the Flemish Host Institution is committed to accept the student.
• The program holds for all study areas.
The application needs to be submitted online by the Flemish Host institution.
The deadline for applications by the Flemish Host Institution is 31st March 2016.
Beware of internal deadlines set by the Flemish Host Institution.
For More Information: