FHI 360 recrute 01 Project Director, Dakar, Senegal.
FHI 360 is seeking applications for the position of Project Director for the Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) project in Senegal. EpiC is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). The project provides strategic technical assistance (TA) and direct service delivery to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case-finding, prevention, treatment programming and viral load (VL) suppression among key populations (KPs) and priority populations (PPs). In Senegal, EpiC will work in multiple regions, including Dakar, Ziguinchor, Thiès, Kolda, Sedhiou, Kaolock, Saint Louis to provide HIV services among KPs and PPs in Senegal and build capacity of local, community-based KP organizations and work closely with the Senegalese government and key stakeholders to deliver HIV services tailored to the needs of KPs.
The position will be based in FHI 360’s office in Dakar, Senegal. Preference is for Senegalese nationals and candidates based in Senegal.
Suitably qualified candidates openly living with HIV and/or who are representative of the key populations affected by HIV are also actively encouraged to apply.
The Project Director will have overall responsibility for administration, program management, performance monitoring and technical implementation and oversight of all aspects of EpiC activities in Senegal, under the oversight of the EpiC HQ management and technical team. This position is critical for the development of quality and evidence-based approaches for key populations and priority populations to be reached and linked to a variety of services along the HIV cascade, and to building and growing the capacity of local organizations to further lead efforts in the future. S/he will serve as the primary point of contact for the EpiC Senegal program with the USAID/Senegal Activity Manager.
Specific duties include
- Provides technical and management leadership to the EpiC Senegal project and ensures successful implementation of the approved work plan and achievement of the project’s targets and goals.
Provides technical and programmatic oversight directly to the activity areas as well as liaise with senior government officials, dignitaries, executives of non-governmental organizations (NGOs), community-based organizations (CBOs) and the organized private sector.
- Ensures that technical efforts are evidence-based, community-driven and will contribute to the deliverables in the EpiC annual work plan plan.
- Ensures alignment of activities with the Ministry of Health’s (MOH), the Conseil National de Lutte contre le SIDA (CNLS), the Division de Lutte contre le SIDA (DLSI) and existing KP HIV planning and programming and work with other KP and HIV coordinating bodies.
- Leads advocacy visits with all stakeholders for improved service uptake and create understanding on KP and PP friendly services.
- Responsible for creating, promoting, and maintaining safe and equitable work environments for all FHI 360 personnel, including a harassment- and violence-free work culture, and systems for safeguarding program participants.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities for designated projects to ensure that goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Reviews project proposals and plans to determine scheduling, budget, procedures, staffing, and allotment of resources needed for projects.
- Establishes work plans, project teams, and standard operating procedures (SOPs) to meet project goals and ensure compliance with FHI 360 and USAID policies.
- Manages the performance and provides development opportunities to managers and staff to achieve project goals.
- Provides guidance and training to managers and staff to achieve project goals.
- Participates in the strategic development of methods and techniques with EpiC leadership.
- Establishes, serves and maintains partnerships with internal and external stakeholders on project matters.
- Provides leadership to the project team, ensuring clarity over plans and priorities, encouraging effective team-work.
- Responsible for orientation of project staff, ensuring their familiarity with mandate values, quality standards, policies and program objectives and their individual responsibilities in upholding these standards and policies.
- Supports performance management and professional development of direct reports, including ongoing feedback, coaching, and career support.
Problem Solving & Impact
- Makes decisions and takes action that have significant impact on management and division operations.
- Addresses problems encountered that are complex and highly varied.
- Champions existing processes and creates new processes and systems where needed to improve efficiencies.
- Promotes the organizations finance practices and is accountable for the compliant stewardship of all finances under her/his purview.
- Exercises sound judgment to meet business strategies and develops objectives that align with organizational goals.
- Possesses strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree or international equivalent in health, social science or other related field required; PhD or
- Master’s Degree in Public Health preferred.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in HIV programs providing oversight in these areas; HIV testing services, peer navigation services, sexually transmitted infections (STIs), VL monitoring, post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP), pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), condom and lubricant programing etc.
- Demonstrated experience with progressively increasing responsibility designing, implementing, managing and leading HIV and community led programs involving KPs, multiple CBOs and stakeholders in Senegal; experience in Dakar and/or other regions preferred.
- Member of relevant HIV technical working groups which includes prevention, testing, treatment, retention, gender, STIs, condoms etc.
- Demonstrated ability through previous experience leading HIV interventions through evidence and data driven decision making with supervisory role.
- Familiarity with the demands of cultural and gender diversity relating to KPs especially FSW, MSM, people who inject drugs (PWID), transgender persons and prisoners.
- Demonstrated ability through previous experience to establish and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders which includes the KP community led organizations in Senegal.
- Demonstrated ability through previous experience to liaise with relevant senior government officials, dignitaries, executives of NGOs, CBOs, and donors.
- Demonstrated talent management, strategic planning, performance management, staff development and capacity building experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in French and English;
30% domestic and international travel
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Closing date : 25 June 2021.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.