FHI 360 recruits 01 Regional Financial Analyst (Accounting)
This position will work in FHI 360’s West Africa and the Middle East Regional Office « WAMERO » but based in one of the country offices. WAMERO provides a countrycentered approach to its partner countries by utilizing an expanded team of enterprise services establishing both the operating platform and shared services that support project implementation. The team is comprised of experts who provide programmatic, financial, human resources, information technology, and contractual strategic leadership in the geographic area of intervention.
The position supports all accounting functions, including month end close processes, bank account reconciliations and cash management to support the fiscal well being of the projects within the West Africa and Middle East Regional Office. Provides guidance on labor allocation, shared costs allocation, balance sheet and bank account reconciliation, all related to the monthly accounting close. Responds to inquiries and assist in trainings. Serves as a critical member of the regional office finance team serving the country offices in a support role.
- Reviews existing procedures surrounding country office month end processes and makes recommendations as needed, responds to inquiries, and assist in trainings for country office staff.
- Troubleshoots field accounting questions, operational accounting and GFAS related queries and provides timely solutions to the country offices.
- Advises and assists country offices with monthly close, labor allocation and bank account reconciliation tasks.
- Serves as reviewer/approver for the monthly reconciliations including but not limited to bank reconciliations, cash requests etc.
- Supports country offices with yearend audit requests.
- Monitors and analyzes quarterly GRID scores, to develop more efficient procedures and use of available resources.
- Ensures that country office accounting business practices are adequate, documented, and compliant with internal and external requirements.
- Provides support for country programs by conducting live and virtual trainings on accounting systems and processes. Provides guidance, mentoring to staff as needed.
- Meet with field staff to understand how business processes are performed and identify problems, challenges, and improvement opportunities.
- Applies accounting principles and practices to a limited range of accounting, budgeting, forecasting, cost accounting and/or other fiscal functions.
- This is an advance level position in which the incumbent has the ability to perform complex, specialized accounting functions.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Apply indepth knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), theories and systems design.
- Research, analyze and ensure implementation of new and/or changing accounting and reporting systems.
- Convey concise, comprehensive, and accurate findings on matters of a complex nature in written form.
- Conclusions and recommendations are based on professional knowledge and judgment.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Independently resolve and/or develop recommendations for unprecedented, complex issues and problems
- Serve as a resource for others in resolving unprecedented, nonstandard issues and problems.
- Anticipate problems and develop recommendations for management resolution.
- Recognize complex and unique issues and develop resolution and/or consult with leadership to achieve resolution; consistently serve as a technical resource.
- Resolves accounting, tax and/or legal requirements in foreign jurisdictions.
- Reports to the Regional Finance Advisor
- Work is performed without appreciable direction.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Lead employee growth and development initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or Related Field.
- 5+ years of accounting experience in public accounting firm or a large company.
- Substantial experience using computerized information systems.
- Must be able to read, write and speak english. French, Arabic or Spanish skills preferred.
- Prior team lead experience preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership experience preferred.