ffotogallery Call for Proposals: A Woman’s Work
Deadline: 11 January 2019
ffotogallery is inviting proposals from artists and curators based in Europeto address the core themes of A Woman’s Work, a 24 month collaborative programme in which cultural partners in the United Kingdom, Lithuania, Ireland, France and Finland will work together in pursuit of the following objectives:
- to enable artists and cultural professionals from across Europe to cooperate around the making and presentation to audiences of new work focusing on the changing face of women and work in Europe, with a sharing of professional experience and practice using both physical and online platforms
- to create new opportunities for artistic exchange within Europe, increasing the mobility of artists and cultural professionals, utilising our respective networks and contacts to extend audience reach and the impact
A Woman’s Work is a project that uses photography and digital media to address that deficit through artistic collaboration and exchange across borders, and the co-production of exhibitions, publications and online resources that challenge the dominant view of gender and industry in Europe. The project explores the shifting relationship between home and the workplace, and growth sectors such as the finance industry, media and telecommunications, where women’s work is being re-defined through technological developments and post-globalism.
- 8 residency opportunities hosted by one or more of the project partners
- Support for work to be included in curated exhibitions, online platforms and publications as part of the project
- participation in symposia and events, including opportunities to present work in progress
- contributing to the audiovisual archive created by the project
- Entry is open to artists, collaborative groups and curators living in any of the 28 European Union member states or the following eligible countries: Norway, Iceland, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Former Yugoslav, Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro, Republic of Serbia, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine and Tunisia.
- Those submitting proposals must be 18+, and can be at any stage in their career. There are no gender or religious restrictions. The Panel is looking for high quality proposals which use photography, digital or lens-based, but can include other art forms (eg. installation, printmaking, film and video, music, literature)
Please use the electronic form and provide the following:
- Description of applicant’s Proposed Project (up to 250 words) to include summary of the work/project, timescale and planned outputs (exhibition, web, print etc.
- Artist/curator CV (up to four pages)
- Examples of previous work each submission can include up to 20 images, and links to relevant content on web and social media platforms.
- Submissions can be considered as a sequence or individually.
- Entry is free, and each individual can make a maximum of two submissions.
How to Apply
Applications can be made by completing the electronic form and attaching supporting images and documents and emailing them at the address given on the website.
Eligible Countries: lta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, Norway, Iceland, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, FormerAustria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Ma Yugoslav, Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro, Republic of Serbia, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine and Tunisia.
For more information, please visit http://awomanswork.eu/