FemFund Feminist Emergency Service to support Activists in Poland
Deadline: Ongoing Opportunity
FemFund is accepting applications for the Feminist Emergency Service to support activists so that they have the means to face a crisis situation, they can take care of their safety and well-being.
FemFund Feminist Emergency Service is a simple mechanism that allows you to receive money almost immediately. The decision whether your organization/group receives a grant is made within 7 working days from submitting the application. Urgent grants can be used to deal with new and unforeseen circumstances.
The Feminist Emergency Service responds to the nature of feminist activism, which happens 24 hours a day and is often burdening. It is available when you need to react quickly to an unplanned situation.
- You can receive support of up to PLN 3,000 from the Feminist Emergency Service.
- The actions for which you will receive a grant should be carried out within 3 months of receiving the money.
What groups do they support?
- FemFund Grantee Partners can be initiatives/groups/organizations that work for the rights of women, queer, non-binary, intersex and/or transgender persons in various places in Poland.
- Grants can be used by groups and organizations that identify with the feminist movement, based on social justice, intersectionality, inclusiveness, self-determination, solidarity.
- It is important for them to support groups and organizations that associate and work for persons who are particularly vulnerable to discrimination.
- They do not support groups/organizations that question the rights of some women, girls and/or the rights of queer, non-binary, intersex and transgender persons because of who they are, the work they do or their position in society.
- They encourage groups operating on the basis of self-organization, which make decisions by discussing them together, to report their needs to the Feminist Emergency Service.
- Conducting non-standard feminist activities and a novel approach to solving different problems are an additional advantage.
What kind of initiatives does the Feminist Emergency Service support?
- Feminist Emergency Service supports urgent feminist initiatives. In the understanding, an action is urgent if:
- it results from a new, unexpected situation (it may be both a threat/crisis, and an unexpected chance to act),
- requires acting quickly, in a short time, to bring about some feminist change (e.g. concerning the situation of a particular collective/organization, a social group that is experiencing oppression, the entire society).
Conditions for applying for the support of the Feminist Emergency Service
- You can use the support of the Feminist Emergency if you are:
- an informal group/ collective consisting of at least 3 persons,
- a non-governmental organization (e.g. association, foundation), which fulfils a total of four conditions:
- self-identifies as a feminist group/organization
- promotes the rights of women and/or queer, non-binary, intersex and transgender persons;
- is run by women and/or queer, non-binary, intersex, or transgender persons (the group/organization is formed and managed mostly or entirely by non-cis-male persons);
- acts for persons living in Poland.
- A cisgender person is a person whose gender assigned at birth is consistent with their gender identity. FemFund supports non-male initiatives because the patriarchy discriminates against all persons who are not socially recognized as male and do not enjoy the privilege of being cis-male men.
- Guided by the Fund’s values and priorities, they do not support groups/organizations that question the rights of some women, girls and/or the rights of queer, non-binary, intersex and transgender persons because of who they are, the work they do or their position in society.
For more information, visit FemFund.