Feed the future recruits 01 Finance Officer – Dakar
The Finance Officer (FO) will closely work with Operations DCOP for day-to-day financial accounting and general office services and organized records and documentation in adherence with Winrock and USAID procedures.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the accounting, finance components of the program in country, including petty cash funds and field office finance, accounting.
- Ensure consistency with Winrock standard operating procedures, policies and accounting principles.
- Prepare monthly requests for funds, based on budget and cash flow projections, to ensure the project has all necessary funds for operations.
- Partner monitoring and facilitate Internal and External Audits.
- Ensure financial reporting is in accordance with the donor contractual requirements. Prepare different vouchers (disbursement, receipt and general journal vouchers) for expenditures and ensures that expenses are reasonable, allowable and allocable to the project. Prepare monthly financial expenditure reports.
- Fulfill the financial rules and procedures of Winrock International, donor and government of Senegal laws/regulations that are applicable to the project.
- Withhold/deduct taxes at source and ensure payment of GoS taxes.
- Ensure proper recording of transaction through QuickBooks accounting software Prepare different types of budget as required to carry out the project activity. Review monthly payroll procedures for national staff.
- Maintain financial documentation, controls and procedures for the management of funds and sub awards/contracts.
- Liaise with Home Office to ensure the project needs are being met in terms of accounting, contracts, human resources, IT, and operations.
- Record keeping of partners’ management of funds and cross check source documents. Maintain financial files and support annual audits.
- Any other task as assigned by supervisor
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or Chartered Accountancy Course Completion (CA. CC). Education qualification may be relaxed for experience & skilled person.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in administrative and financial management in large scale and complex projects/organizations.
- Preference will be given to those with extensive knowledge of USAID or other donors rules and regulations
Skills and experience
- Demonstrated expertise and excellent track record in finance, accounting, budget preparation and management.
- Demonstrated understanding on administration, procurement processes, compliance, and reporting. Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork.
- Fluency in oral and written English.
- Proven experience in supervision and management of staff.
- Proficiency in MS office excel and familiar with QuickBooks.
- Understand and demonstrated experience in contract and contracting of NGOs in Senegal. Relevant skills on usage of IT equipment and applications.
The primary work location will be at Dekkal Geej Project office in Dakar. However, frequent visit to partners’ office located outside of Dakar is anticipated throughout the life of the project.
Recruitments for the two positions: Administrative and Financial Assistant and Driver are local. Candidates living in the Ziguinchor area will be privileged.
Interested candidates with the required qualifications are invited to send their applications (maximum 5 pages) including: CV, one page motivation letter and three references to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title on the subject of the email.
The feminine candidacies are deeply encouraged. Only the preselected candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for submitting applications is August 30, 2021.