FAO recrute 01 Agro-Economist
Tasks and responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the coordinator of the FAO sub regional office for West Africa and the technical supervision of the Senior Policy Officer, in close collaboration with the country offices and in consultation with relevant national counterparts, the consultant will be responsible for the following tasks and duties:
- Collect data on the share of public expenditure on food and agriculture in the 15 West African countries over the past 15 years
- Collect information on the source of funding, the distribution of budgets (research, development, infrastructure, subsidies, agricultural services, etc.), the levels of budget execution and the types of revision submit to parliaments during the implementation phase,
- Examine the relationship between the data collected and national agricultural performance.
- Examine policy monitoring systems and data generation for effective public investments in food and agriculture;
- Make country-specific recommendations based on findings for massive and effective public investment in Agriculture in West Africa
- University degree in economics, agricultural economics, agribusiness management, or a closely related field
- Five years relevant experience in the practical application of economic analysis to development issues, including rural investment, analytical studies, and/or in the formulation and implementation of food security, agriculture, rural development, natural resource management and agro-processing investment strategies in developing countries
- Working knowledge oF ENGLISH and French.
Closing date: 05 Oct 2022