|FAO recruits 01 Operations Assistant|
Description de l’offre
• Dakar, Sénégal
• Banque – Finance – Assurance
• ONG et Ambassades
• Secrétariat – Assistanat
FAO recruits a Operations Assistant.
The Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida), the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) are collaborating on a 5-year project: Global Transformation of Forests for People and Climate: a focus on West Africa. The project is implemented by FAO in partnership with ECOWAS, with financial support from Sida. It contributes to the implementation of the ECOWAS Convergence Plan for the Sustainable Management and Use of Forest Ecosystems in West Africa, adopted in 2013.
The Convergence Plan aims to mobilize political, institutional, financial and technical support to address transboundary forest issues across ECOWAS’s 15 member states.
The objective of the project is to strengthen decision-making on forests and land management across West Africa through three priority focus areas:
Focus area 1: Knowledge of the state of forest ecosystem dynamics
Focus Area 2: Forest and land related laws, policies and strategies at the sub-regional level; and
Focus Area 3: Demonstration of community-based sustainable forest and land use practices and encouraging south–south cooperation
The Consultant works under the overall supervision of the Senior Policy officer of SFW, the direct technical supervision of the Project Manager in close collaboration with the programme officer for budget and finance at HQ and the administration/finance division of SFW
The Operations assistant will provide support to the day to day operations of the project in the 15 ECOWAS members states, information management and reporting, monitoring & evaluation activities
Tasks and responsibilities
The Consultant will have the following responsibilities and functions:
• Support day-to-day operations of the project (all aspects of the project cycle linked to financial activities monitoring and reporting);
• Prepare, in consultation with Project Manager and the administration, the operational and procurement plans for services, goods and human resources;
• Work with the administration/finance and human resources to ensure timely provision of inputs for personnel, technical support services, sub-contracts, training, equipment/supplies and other needs related to project operations
• Consolidate technical specifications of inputs and services, ensure technical clearance by LTO or HQ technical units (where/as relevant),
• Perform operational functions related to the procurement process, including the preparation of documents related to assigned procurement actions; do the follow up to ensure that actions are completed in a timely manner
• Undertake monthly monitoring of the baby project budget execution/delivery; review project transaction listings to ensure proper accounting against budget lines; support the programme officer for budget and finance in preparing result based monthly financial reports and in taking corrective action (back charges, funding changes, secondment reimbursement etc.) if/as required;
• Assist the project manager and the budget and finance officer with funding allocation, budget revisions, field budget authorizations etc.; using FPMIS, IMIS, GRMS etc.
• Support the project manager in identification of partners and service providers
• Monitor the contracts signed with vendors informing the Project Manager about issues, products deadlines and supporting amendments elaboration;
• Assist the project manager with the preparation of LoA, obtaining necessary clearances and DOA If necessary. Arrange the operations needed for signing and executing Letters of Agreement (LoA) with relevant project partners; ensure close follow up and monitoring of their implementation including expenditure follow up and submission of monthly financial reports as needed.
• Undertake follow up field visits with the beneficiaries when necessary to provide support in the operational implementation of the different initiatives,
• Support the project manager to ensure the completeness, currency and quality of project data and documentation in FPMIS throughout the project cycle (this includes inter alia inserting and maintaining updated LFM, work plan and budget data);
• Assist the project manager with monitoring progress made in achieving project results in accordance with the LFM and work plan, and risks faced by the project, drawing attention to bottlenecks and constraints, identifying and proposing corrective measures as appropriate;
• Support the project manager in the coordination and timely preparation of project progress and final reports, contribute inputs to project/programme briefs and comprehensive reports, evaluation reports, project documents, statements and correspondence for internal use and for recipient governments and donors
• Participate in internal meetings, facilitating the exchange of information, the collection and classification of information
• Support the project manager in organizing multi-stakeholder workshops and meetings throughout the project’s life span;
• Support the project manager in communicating project results and ensuring project visibility for the resource partner;
• Undertake any other duties as required.
• University Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Finance or related fields with good understanding of forestry/environment issues.
• At least Five years of relevant experience in office management, administration, accounting and/or audit, budget or finance and in project operation and management related to natural resources management, including field experience in developing countries particularly in West Africa
• Working knowledge of English and French
• National of Senegal or resident in the country with a regular work permit.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable
Depth of familiarity with forestry/environmental issues, specific knowledge of West Africa forestry is an asset
Extent and relevance of experience in the field of administration, human resources, finance and management;
Extent and relevance of experience in programme/project formulation, analysis, planning and implementation;
Extent of knowledge of planning and budgetary processes and associated tools particularly those of FAO;
Understanding of FAO policies and programmes is considered a strong asset.
Strong computer skills and knowledge;
Extent and relevance of professional experience with NGOs, United Nations, national governments, intergovernmental and international organizations;
Good analytical skills and ability to synthesize a large amount of data into analytical and practical knowledge/
Extent and relevance of experience in public administration
Demonstrated understanding of the purpose and functions of technical programmes, operational guidelines and programme/project management procedures, preferably those adopted by the United Nations or FAO would be considered an asset
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
Closing date : 20 May 2021.
|COMMENT POSTULER ?|
Apply online to this job :