FAO recruits 01 Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Job Description: 1901254
Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Closure Date: 11/Jun/2019, 4:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FRMOZ
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level: N/A
Primary Location: Mozambique-Maputo
Duration: 12 months
Post Number: N/A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on your personal device date and time settings
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative and direct supervision of the Assistant FAO Representative – Programme and Project Coordinator, with technical support from M&E officers in RAF, and in close collaboration with government institutions and other stakeholders, the incumbent main responsibility is monitoring of projects assigned to him/her. The incumbent coordinates and supports activities to ensure effective monitoring of implementation of approved programmes, projects and initiatives in close collaboration with project and programme staff.
The incumbent will report to AFAOR- Programme and Project coordinator.
Monitoring of programme implementation following the Logical framework and other established tools.
Develop, implement, monitor and evaluate assigned programme/projects
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Provide technical support/analysis to various assessments, studies and initiatives and provides technical backstopping to field projects on M&E related issues.
• Collaborate in the development of improved/updated tools, systems, processes, and databases in close collaboration with Project Coordinator and AFAOR-Programme.
• Participate on multi-disciplinary teams, and/or leads working groups/teams collaborates with partners and agencies on working groups and committees and promotes best practices.
• Collaborate in, provides technical backstopping and capacity development on M&E for FAO Mozambique team.
• Promote knowledge sharing and best practices .
• Integrate the FAO Mozambique M&E team contributing to the monitoring of Country Programming Framework (CPF) implementation, feeding information to mid-year and annual reports. Particular attention to the integration of cross-cutting issues and alignment with SDGs.
• Perform any other related duties in support of programme, as required.
• Establish and implement a results-based M&E framework for the project, in alignment with the processes and procedures of the Global Programme, including mapping and scheduling of information needs and project specific toolkit development, in collaboration with technical and operational officers.
• Provide capacity development for project staff and partners on the tools and systems established, function of M&E in quality assurance and strengthen a culture of open reflection, learning and improvement.
• In coordination with field staff, lead the process of data collection, analysis, reporting and information management, including timely provision of M&E data to programme for reporting.
• Provide oversight to all M&E activities, specifically related to the project, by assigning responsibilities, managing daily tasks, design medium-term plans and supervising staff.
• Establish a beneficiary accountability system and protocols for the project to ensure that beneficiaries are informed and given a responsive platform to give feedback and participate in the project.
• Monitor project activities and progress towards achievement of results and provide feedback to FAO Management for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of project implementation by identifying bottlenecks and recommending corrective actions.
• Undertake regular visits to the field to support implementation of the project and to identify/recommend required adaptations and assist in coordinating across various field offices to ensure effective implementation of M&E activities;
• Lead the process of project evaluation: managing baselines, midterm reviews and evaluations, including: drafting/reviewing TORs, evaluation team selection, providing technical feedback, facilitating management response and dissemination of findings, in line with FAO’s evaluation policies, procedures and practices.
• Identify and formulate lessons learned from project evaluations, special studies and monitoring to be integrated into broader knowledge management efforts.
• Contribute to the refinement of project logframe and ensure that the project’s Theory of Change is clear and indicators are SMART and gender sensitive;
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Advanced university degree in development studies, statistics, agriculture, economics or related fields;
• Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in monitoring and evaluation in a humanitarian and/or development contexts with good analytical and reporting skills.
• Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills in Portuguese and English
• Excellent report writing skills
• National of Mozambique
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable
• Extent and relevance of experience in the field of monitoring and evaluation
• Extent and relevance of experience in development of logframes, monitoring tools, data collection, analysis and report writing
• Understanding of UN policies and programmes is considered a strong asset
• Ability to work in a multicultural team
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
Vacancies will be removed from the recruitment portal at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT