FAO recruits 01 Emergency Programme Senior Support (SC6)
Humanitaire (ONG, Associations, …), Projet/programme de développement
Job Description – Emergency Programme Senior Support (SC6) (2202635)
Job Description: 2202635
Emergency Programme Senior Support (SC6)
Closure Date: 03/Oct/2022, 11:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FRSOM – FAO Representation in Somalia
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level: N/A
Primary Location: Somalia-Baidoa
Duration: 6 Months
Post Number: N/A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO’s values
FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The key mission of the FAO Representation in Somalia, which is led by the FAO Representative (FAOR), is to assist and support the national government in developing policies, strategies and programme aimed at accelerating the implementation and achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in FAO’s global mandate and strategic objectives.
More specifically, FAO’s response aims to address national needs and priorities in achieving food security, reducing hunger and malnutrition, developing agricultural, fishery and forestry sectors, ensuring the sustainable use of environmental and natural resources and responding to recurrent emergencies.
The current portfolio of activities of the FAO Representation in Somalia includes a wide scope of technical support interventions ranging from policy support through livestock and crop production to natural resource management, Nutrition, value chain, food security analysis and water and land information management. FAO is also implementing several emergency, resilience-building, and development interventions, with the support of its five field offices and close to 400 staff in partnership with the Federal and State line ministries.
The position is under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Somalia, the direct supervision of the Emergency Programme Coordination Consultant and the Emergency Preparedness and Response Officer.
The Emergency Programme Senior Support will be responsible for providing emergency agriculture activities in Somalia including disbursement of cash support and agriculture livelihood inputs etc., according to FAO’s emergency programme objectives.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Support in the implementation and monitoring of Emergency Agriculture activities in Somalia including disbursement of cash support and agriculture livelihood inputs etc, according to FAO’s emergency programme objectives.
• Closely supervise the work of Service Providers (SP) on the ground while ensuring that project activities are running smoothly and in line with FAOs Risk Management Framework. This will include timely implementation and accomplishment of the planned project activities/objectives particularly agriculture input/service distribution and unconditional cash transfer.
• Support in the implementation of the market survey exercise to determine input voucher prices and select agro dealer’s to be contracted in the FAO voucher scheme.
• Support capacity building efforts for the SPs by supporting training activities and providing regular feedback and support throughout the duration of the project implementation.
• Closely work with other FAO units (Field Staff, Information Management, and Finance, Monitoring and Evaluation and other units) and Service Provider (SP) staff to facilitate proper/effective support of all the Emergency agriculture interventions.
• Support in the receipt, review and approval of data and reports received from the field for agriculture emergency activities for the payment of service providers and money vendor reimbursement by ensuring that they adhere to FAO’s risk management framework and FAO’s voucher scheme guidelines to ensure proper utilization of project funds.
• Support in information management of project activities deliverables through collating and compiling accurate project data as well as support the maintenance of the agriculture inputs and cash disbursement database on a regular basis.
• Undertake travel and field visits to ensure adequate support is provided to the implementation of emergency projects and programs.
• Perform any other duties.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• University degree in one of the following fields: social sciences, development studies, agriculture, business administration, public administration, project management or other relevant discipline.
• At least 3 years of relevant experience in programme management, agriculture, cash transfer and administration.
• Working knowledge (level C) of the FAO official language used for communication within the country (English) and working knowledge of the local language(s) is required.
• Nationality of Somalia.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Experience in implementation and follow up of the emergency agriculture and cash transfer programme activities
• Experience in effective preparation and management of the emergency agriculture georeferenced database and appropriate information shared whenever needed
• Track record of timely verification of e-vouchers and proper documentation of evidence of proper execution of the programme or discrepancies in vouchers
FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
HOW TO APPLY
• To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
• Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile
• Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
• Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications
• Incomplete applications will not be considered
• Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. You will be asked to provide your consent before submitting your application. You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application
• Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered
• Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile
• We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENTPOSTULER