Expertise France recruits 01 Project Assistant (IYBA-SEED Brussels)
Under the hierarchical supervision of the Project Coordinator, the Project Assistant provides administrative, financial and logistics support to the project “IYBA-SEED: Investing in Young Businesses in Africa – Supporting Entrepreneurial Ecosystem Development”.
The Project Assistant is part of the central Project Management Unit (PMU) and is based in Brussels.
Functional supervision is provided by the IYBA-SEED Project Officer in Brussels, who is responsible for training and supporting him/her in his/her mission.
He/she will work on a daily basis with and is at the service of the PMU (coordination team and team of technical experts) as well as the EF field teams (mainly Deputy Lead Benin, Deputy Lead Senegal and Country Lead Togo).
The position requires a high degree of autonomy and interpersonal skills appropriate to working in a European, international and multicultural environment, as well as a good command of both English and French.
The main tasks are listed below (non-exhaustive list):
- Direct organisation and management of travel in collaboration with a travel service provider (control of itineraries received and cost optimisation)
- Booking air/train tickets and local transport
- Direct booking of meeting rooms, hotels and airport-hotel transfers in an international context
- Administrative management of visas and all administrative formalities prior to travel
- Ensures or supports the organisation of specific events (missions, seminars and meetings)
- Relations with service providers: processing, negotiation of quotes, management of subscriptions, control of invoicing
- Budgetary monitoring of the organisation of missions to ensure control of travel costs
- Ensuring the logistics and smooth day-to-day running of the PMU office: supplies, consumables
- Reception of appointments and physical reception
- Mail management
- Signing of documents
- Indexing, filing and archiving of documents related to the missions
- Management of administrative tasks and formatting of working documents
- Updating existing dashboards/monitoring
- Assistance in monitoring expenses and supplier invoices (follow-up, reminders, administrative registration)
- Recovery of supporting accounting documents and preparation for payment
- Support during audits
Description du projet ou contexte
Expertise France is the French public international cooperation agency. It designs and implements projects which aim to contribute to the sustainable development of partner countries, in line with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the 2030 Agenda and the priorities of France’s external action.
IYBA-SEED is co-funded by the European Union (DG INTPA), the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), Team France and SlovakAid, for a period of 4 years (2023-2026). It is implemented by a consortium of leading European development agencies, including Enabel (Belgium), Expertise France (France), GIZ (Germany), SAIDC (Slovakia) and SNV (Netherlands). The consortium is led by Expertise France.
IYBA-SEED is part of the third Building Block of the Team Europe Initiative TEI IYBA “Investing in Young Businesses in Africa”, which is made up of three Building Blocks: 1) Increase the financial and technical support for pre-seed stage entrepreneurs and micro and small enterprises, 2) Increase the finance for SMEs and entrepreneurs at seed and early stages, and 3) Supporting the ecosystem, with a special emphasis on women and young people.
IYBA-SEED takes an “Ecosystem Strengthening” approach: it targets the entrepreneurship ecosystem and its actors, in order to reach young businesses (i.e. SEED beneficiaries) which are defined as:
- (Very-)early stage businesses and entrepreneurs (pre-seed and seed)
- Led by young entrepreneurs (18-35yo) and/or women entrepreneurs (of all ages)
The project aims to “contribute to creating decent jobs and resilient economies by strengthening entrepreneurship ecosystems in a number of sub-Saharan countries so that they can increase access to Business Development Services (both financial and non-financial) for SEED beneficiaries” in 5 countries in sub-Saharan Africa (Benin, Kenya, Senegal, South Africa and Togo).
IYBA-SEED works on four key components / specific objectives
- Capacity Development and Networks : strengthen and connect Entrepreneurship Ecosystem Actors (EEAs) and their networks (both nationally and internationally) to improve access to Business Development Services (both financial and non-financial) for SEED beneficiaries
- Business Environment : contribute to a business environment (policies and regulations) which is conducive to the creation and growth of SEED beneficiaries
- Entrepreneurial Culture : promote an inclusive entrepreneurial culture that encourages existing and future young and women entrepreneurs to create and grow SEED beneficiaries
- Knowledge : foster access for Entrepreneurship Ecosystem Actors, SEED beneficiaries and other stakeholders to lessons learned and best practices for Entrepreneurship Ecosystem Strengthening
Expériences / Formation
Qualifications and experience
- Higher education (e.g. Diploma) in accounting and/or administrative and financial management
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position
- Proficiency in English and French is required, knowledge of other languages (i.e., Dutch, Flemish, German and/or Slovak) is desirable
Specific knowledge, skills or competences
- Good understanding of the tools and technologies used in travel management (platform, etc.)
- Ability to adapt quickly to the working environment
- Reactivity to emergencies
- Good priority management (dealing with several simultaneous requests)
- Good interpersonal and writing skills (numerous internal and external contacts)
- Discretion, confidentiality
- Availability and sense of service
- Rigour (methodical and organised)
- Ability to work in a team
- An exciting job in an international environment
- A contract for a term of 12 months (renewable until the end of the project 30/11/2026) based in Brussels
- A salary package in accordance with our salary scales. The exact salary will be defined according to relevant recognised experience for the function.
in the website of Expertise France :
Cliquez ici pour postuler
Laisser un Commentaire