European Economic and Social Committee (EESC) Civil Society Prize 2018 (€50,000 prize)
Deadline: September 7, 2018
Applications are invited for the European Economic and Social Committee Civil Society Prize 2018. Organised by the European Economic and Social Committee (EESC), this year’s Civil Society Prize theme is “Identities, European Values and Cultural Heritage in Europe.”
The aim of the Civil Society Prize is to reward and encourage initiatives and achievements that have made a significant contribution to promoting European identity and integration. Its overall objective is to raise awareness of the impact that these contributions can make to the creation of a European identity and citizenship in a way that underpins the common values that shore up European integration.
The prize will reward innovative initiatives carried out by civil society organisations and/or individuals, aimed at raising awareness of the multiple layers and richness of European identities, exploiting the full potential of Europe’s cultural wealth, facilitating access to European cultural heritage and promoting European values, including respect for human dignity and human rights, freedom, democracy, equality and the rule of law.
- The prize has a total value of € 50,000
- Open to all civil society organisations officially registered within the European Union and acting at local, national, regional or European level;
- It is also open to individuals. Individuals are natural persons;
- EU citizens are eligible, regardless of their country of residence. Third-country nationals are also eligible, provided they are legally resident in the territory of the EU;
- EESC members, CCMI delegates, staff of the EESC, members of the evaluation panel and their relatives are not eligible to submit an entry;
- Candidates can submit only one entry.