European Commission #Youth4Regions Programme 2019 for Aspiring Journalists (Fully-funded)
Deadline: July 15, 2019
Are you studying journalism or are you a young journalist? Are you between 18-30 and a citizen of an EU Member State or an EU neighbouring country? Would you like to gain first hand work experience as a journalist in the capital of Europe?
The European Commission is looking for participants for the third edition of Youth4Regions. The #Youth4Regions is the European Commission programme helping journalism students and young journalists to discover what the EU is doing in their region.
- Trainings on journalism and EU regional policy
- The chance to receive mentorship from established journalists from your country
- Working side by side with renowned journalists during the EU Regions’ Week
- Visits of EU affairs media headquarters and EU institutions
- The unique opportunity to take part as a journalist in European Commission press trips to Member States
- Accommodation and travel expenses covered by the European Commission
- Applicants should have interest in what EU regional policy is doing in their region;
- Have a background in journalism (studies or experience);
- EU or neighbouring country citizen;
- Aged from 18 to 30 years old;
- Availability during 6 – 11 October.
If you are interested in the EU training programme, send:
- a short original article (400-1000 words), or
- a short video (2 – 3 minutes)
on a project that has been co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund or Cohesion Fund. The short article or the short video you would like to send needs to be original and not published before.