EU-OSHA Traineeship Programme 2018 (Paid)
Deadline: March 28, 2018
The European Agency for Safety and Health at Work (EU-OSHA) is offering traineeships at EU-OSHA for the nationals of the Member States of the European Union and Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein (parties of the EEA agreement). The aim of EU-OSHA is to promote safer, healthier and more productive workplaces by providing the European institutions, the Member States and those involved in health and safety at work with technical, scientific and economic information.
The EU-OSHA traineeship programme is addressed to university graduates, without excluding those who in the framework of lifelong learning have recently obtained a university diploma and are at the beginning of a new professional career. The traineeships will be based in the Bilbao office and at the Agency’s Brussels Liaison Office.
The aims of the traineeship at EU-OSHA are:
- To provide trainees an understanding of the objectives and activities of the Agency.
- To enable trainees to acquire practical experience and knowledge of the day-to-day work of EUOSHA. To provide the opportunity to work in a diverse, multi-cultural, and multi-linguistic environment, contributing to the development of mutual understanding, trust and tolerance.
- To enable trainees to put into practice knowledge acquired during their studies, and in particular in their specific areas of competence. To introduce these graduates to the professional world and the constraints, duties and opportunities therein.
The following traineeship profiles are possible to apply for:
- Resource and Service Centre- Human Resources (RSC-HR)
- Network Secretariat – Brussels Liaison Office (NET–BLO)
- Network Secretariat – Quality (NET-QT)
- Communication and Promotion Unit- Communication (CPU-COMM)
- Communication and Promotion Unit- ICT/Web (CPU-ICT/WEB)
- Prevention and Research Unit (PRU)
Trainees are awarded a monthly allowance of 25 % of the basic remuneration of a temporary agent at grade AD 5 /1. The amount of the allowance is set on a yearly basis and is subject to the annual revision of the remuneration. For example, currently, a trainee allowance in 2018 is at 1.176,84 EUR/ month.
Trainees whose place of selection (as indicated in their application form) at the beginning of the traineeship is more than 50 km from the place of employment are entitled to a reimbursement of the travel expenses incurred at the beginning and end of the traineeship.
To be considered eligible, trainees must satisfy all of the following requirements on the closing date for submission of applications.
- Nationality: Be a national of one of the Member States of the European Union and Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein (parties of the EEA agreement).
- University diploma: Candidates must have completed the first cycle of a higher education course (i.e. university education) and obtained a full degree or its equivalent by the closing date for applications. For declared on-going post-graduate studies an official declaration from the relevant university/institute must be provided.
- Languages: In order for the trainees to fully profit from the traineeship and to be able to follow meetings and perform adequately,
o applicants from Member States of the European Union must have very good knowledge of at least two official languages of the European Union1 , of which one must be English, as English is the main vehicular language within EU-OSHA;
o applicants from Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein must have very good knowledge of English, as English is the main vehicular language within EU-OSHA.
- Candidates must submit their application electronically.
- Candidates may apply for one or more traineeship profiles by filling out a separate application form.
- Candidates are requested to send their application in English, which is the main working language of the Agency.
- All parts of the application form must be completed in full. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications must reach firstname.lastname@example.org by not later than 28 March 2018 at 13:00 noon Central European Time (CET). The subject of the e-mail should include the reference of this call for applications (EUOSHA/TR/18/01), the traineeship profile and the candidate’s family name.
Applications must be saved as follows:
EUOSHA/TR/18/01 – TRAINEESHIP PROFILE – FAMILY NAME
Example: EUOSHA/TR/18/01 – RSC-HR – SMITH
Download the EU-OSHA application form.
For more information, visit EU-OSHA Traineeships.
Les Publications du Jour
Pas encore de Publication Aujourd'hui