ESS recrute 01 Stagiaire SSEC
We are looking for several Environmental and Social (E&S) and/or Health, Safety, Environment and Communities (HSEC) Interns to join ESS (Environmental and Social Sustainability), Africa’s premier advisory services firm focused on sustainable development and management of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) risks in Africa and emerging economies.
We are prioritising bilingual / multilingual candidates, so we ask that candidates speak at least advanced English, as well as fluent French. Additional African languages capability will be favourably considered.
Our internships are for a minimum duration of 1 year, and a limited monthly stipend is provided (exact amount depends on resident country).
You will be working in tandem with colleagues based across Africa and emerging economies. The role offers plenty of scope for career advancement, with both internal training programmes and structured progression for high performers.
The internship includes working on international projects within a variety of sectors, including:
- Financial services and lending institutions, including international financial institutions such as the International Finance Corporation (IFC), Africa Finance Corporation (AFC), African Development Bank (AfDB) etc.
- Energy and renewables
- Transport (road, rail, ports, airports etc.).
Our mission is to help develop the next generation of ESG and sustainability specialists in Africa and emerging economies. Our teams are based in the countries where we work, and are driven by a desire to contribute to the protection of the environment and community wellbeing where we live.
What sets us apart is that we are an African company run in Africa by Africans, working to an international standard and quality. We understand emerging markets because we contribute directly to their emergence, and see ESG and sustainability as a key component to just and sustainable growth.
We believe in implementation, not just writing endless reports and assessments that rarely get actioned. As such, we assist financial institutions and private companies in understanding where gaps in their project lie in relation to international frameworks on sustainability (such as the Sustainable Development Goals / SDGs) and national legislation, as well as provide support on sustainability reporting in line with GRI and other standards.
Once gaps are ascertained, we also provide on-going, site-based support to address gaps and develop capacity within the client organisation.
Interns will have the following responsibilities:
- Work on projects and in teams across Africa and emerging economies
- Bid / tender writing
- Provide advice and inputs on projects internationally with a variety of clients
- Undertake Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) due diligence studies in line with compliance frameworks
- Provide support to organisations in developing teams and implementing activities to meet compliance standards
- Prepare scope of works and manage consultants to undertake key studies (baseline, ESIA, critical habitat etc.)
- Develop sustainability targets and implement measures to attain targets
- Support the development of sustainability strategies and other key reports in line with GRI and similar reporting standards
- Develop robust HSEC Management System (HSECMS) / Environmental and Social Management System (ESMS) inputs to ISO
- 14001 / EMAS standard, as well as inputs to other key management systems, plans and reporting structures
- Undertake other related studies, planning, reporting and activities as required
- Build and maintain strong relationships within ESS to maximise interdisciplinary problem-solving.
Skills, qualifications & experience
The right candidate should possess and be able to demonstrate the following skills in order to adequately respond to the requirements of the role:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent English and French (additional Portuguese, Arabic and/or African languages a strong bonus)
- Strategic thinking, analytical and research skills
- Organization and coordination skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Advanced IT skills – Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to produce high quality documents.
The preferred candidate should possess a Master’s degree, preferably within an environmental, social, health & safety, and/or sustainability-related discipline. However, we would consider stand-out candidates from different backgrounds and/or experienced candidates from other fields wishing to transition into the ESG / sustainability space.
Pour postuler à cette offre, veuillez cliquer sur le lien suivant : essustainability.bamboohr.com.