ERM recruits 01 Media and Information Literacy Consultant – ERIM
ERIM (formerly known as IREX Europe) is a not-for-profit organisation based in Lyon, France. We provide innovative programmes to promote human rights, strengthen independent media and civil society. The ERIM approach emphasises partnerships with media and civil society organisations to expand capacity, build sustainable institutions and affect change through training, partnerships, education, research and grant programmes.
ERIM is looking for an experienced consultant in media and information literacy to work with our team in implementing a media and information literacy project in Europe.
Most of the activities will take place in Lyon, but at least 1 travel to Greece (19th to 25h of June 2022) is envisaged.
- Attend a Media and Information Literacy (MIL) Training of Trainers (19th to 25th of June 2022)
- Develop and implement 2 MIL Training of trainers in Lyon, France for teachers, educators and librarians (Fall 2022, estimate of 5 days)
- Provide mentoring and assistance to the trained teachers, educators and librarians in working with their target groups (beginning of 2023, estimate of 5 days)
- Take part in international online and offline meetings and events (2022 and 2023, estimate of 5 days)
Expériences / Formation
- Bachelors or master’s degree in a relevant field of study (media, communication, journalism, human rights, etc.) and/or the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- At least two years’ experience in implementing media production trainings (video, podcasts, multimedia outputs, etc.) for adults and / or youth.
- Experience in developing media training programs which results in effective production by the trainees would be a major asset.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Willingness to travel internationally and work on a flexible schedule.
- Strong team working and communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English.
The consulting contract will start in May 2022 and will last until June 2022. We estimate the number of working days at 22 (to be discussed at negotiation stage).
ERIM is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression.
If you are interested, please send a CV and motivation letter (including your daily fees) to firstname.lastname@example.org before May 6, 2022, please put “Media and Information Literacy Consultant” in the title of your email. If pre-selected, you will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.