ERIM recruits 01 Deputy Finance Manager _ ERIM
IREX Europe doing business as ERIM (Equal Rights & Independent Media) is a not-for-profit organisation based in Lyon, France. We provide innovative programmes to promote human rights, strengthen independent media and civil society and empower individuals through developing critical thinking skills, enabling them to take informed decisions and to claim their rights. The ERIM approach emphasizes partnerships with local development organisations to expand capacity, build sustainable institutions and affect change through training, partnerships, education, research and grant programmes.
We are looking for a Deputy Financial Manager. The position is based in Lyon, France.
The candidate should have excellent French and English language skills, a diploma and/or experience in financial management, preferably in the NGO sector.
Under the direction of the Head of Finance, the principal responsibilities include:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of accounting services, including accounts payable and receivable, partners, beneficiaries and donors, preparation of management reports, forecasting and year-end closing of accounts
- Preparation of and assistance in annual audit and project audits
- Tax declarations
- Cash and Bank management
Financial project management:
- Monitor project expenditures and provide project managers with regular information,
- Support to the project manager in verifying partners’ financial reports
- Preparation of financial reports in accordance with donor requirements
- Assistance in budget preparation and proofreading of project documents
- Administrative tasks linked to the NGO environment
- Support team members on administrative matters
- Assist in contract management (pay slips are prepared by a third party)
- Communication with insurance as well as social security- and governmental- bodies
- Review employee travel expenses
Expériences / Formation
Essential qualifications and experience:
- Diploma in finance and HR management
- Related work experience (at least 2 years)
- Excellent written and spoken English and French
- Very good Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- Previous experience in submitting financial reports to donors
- The position requires a self-starter with plenty of initiative and the ability to multi-task.
- Interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds
- The right to live and work in France is mandatory
The following criteria will be considered as an advantage:
- Previous experience in an international NGO
- Knowledge of the accountancy system Quadra or any equivalent system
- Knowledge of EU financial requirements
- Knowledge of French association sector
- Knowledge in French labour law
- Willingness to travel internationally
Duration of Contract: Fixed term contract: 1 year at 80% or full time (to be discussed with the chosen candidate)
Remuneration: As per ERIM pay scale and dependent on experience (between 2.400 euros and 2.800 euros brut).
Working location: Lyon, France, and occasional business travel abroad.
If you are interested, please send a CV and motivation letter to Gabrielle Joint (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Emilie Hocquigny (email@example.com) with the subject: “Deputy Finance Manager”
Please note that the applications will be assessed on a rolling basis until May 8th, 2022.