Ericsson recruits 01 Group Legal Counsel
At Ericsson, you can be a game changer! Because working here isn’t just a deal. It’s a big deal. This means that you get to leverage our 140+ years of experience and the expertise of more than 95,000 diverse colleagues worldwide. As part of our team, you will help solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that.’ We’ve never had a greater opportunity to inspire change; setting the bar for technology to be inclusive and accessible; empowering an intelligent, sustainable, and connected world.
Are you in?
Our Exciting Opportunity
Group Function Legal Affairs (« GFLA ») provides timely, highly qualified and efficient legal services to the Ericsson Group and thereby contributes to achieving the Group’s targets. In accordance with GFLA mission statement, the Market Area Group Legal Counsel acts as Guardian and Enabler by providing effective legal and compliance solutions in a risk-appropriate manner.
The Market Area Middle East and Africa (“MMEA”) legal team is a unit within Ericsson Group Function Legal Affairs and Compliance. The main objective of the MMEA legal team is to provide legal support in accordance with the above to MMEA.
We are now looking to hire an experienced lawyer to join the legal team to be based in Dakar, Senegal. As part of the MMEA legal team, the legal counsel will use his/her experience and competence, and good business understanding to independently provide our internal clients with high quality services with respect to e.g. drafting and negotiations of commercial contracts, regulatory compliance, intellectual property rights and dispute resolution.
Equally important is that the legal counsel, in providing guidance and advice, shows integrity and business acumen, and always puts the interests of the Ericsson Group as a whole first. The role also requires the ability to manage external legal resources and coordinate the legal work in various types of projects. The team and each of its members constantly strive to be our internal clients’ trusted advisors.
- Draw up legal documents, contracts required by clients in connection with their respective business and other instruments in accordance with relevant business objectives.
- Actively participate in all preparatory activities, coordination and alignment with all relevant units and departments related to deals and negotiations of aforesaid instruments.
- Consider and advise on legal and other requirements resulting from legislation, agreements, contracts and other undertakings.
- Offer and perform legal training and education.
- Provide guidance regarding filing and maintenance of agreements and similar documents in accordance with applicable laws.
- Manage disputes, claims, actions and potential disputes, claims, actions in concert with other concerned Ericsson representative and Group Legal Litigation Counsel at GFLA (when required);
- Participate and promote in compliance and governance in MMEA and ensure proper and entity compliance and governance.
- Provide information and guidance in implementing new or amended legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Implement policies and directives and decisions of GFLA.
- Provide guidance and advise on general legal issues in a multi-territory and multi-jurisdiction environment as well as guidance and advise on general compliance and trade compliance.
To be successful in the role you are
- University Degree in Law required
- Master’s degree in law in a relevant field (e.g. Contract, Intellectual Property Law) recommended
- More than 6 years of experience as corporate in-house counsel and/or member of leading corporate law firm; preferably with experience relevant to
- IT and/or telecommunications industry and cross-border transactions in a multi-national setting.
- Experience required in « new business models » such as content licensing, revenue share schemes etc.
- Commercial and intellectual property rights experience required
- Excellent knowledge of contract law, international contractual principles and customs, in addition to very good knowledge of Intellectual Property Rights.
- Fluency in English and French is required as well as extensive negotiation experience from an international environment.
- Good negotiation skills and legal skill and acumen.
- Experience from working within the Telecommunications/IT industry and a very good understanding of such business environment.
- Must be able to work at all levels as well as at a most senior and high level, under time pressure, across a cross section of the business with critical and meticulous attention to detail.
- Must be able to demonstrate the following human competencies/skills: communication, management networking and leadership.
- Must be people oriented, i.e. must be able to relate to people with empathy, yet to be objective in judgment and quickly win the confidence of others.
- Should be able to quickly develop a strong internal and external network.
- Integrity must be of the highest level.
- Must be a true team player, professional, confident, sound analytical thinker and always really good judgment.
What happens next once you apply?
Read about the next steps here. For your preparation and reference, here is our overall Brand video and some insights about our innovations in 5G
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact-based decisions are important, and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Closing date : 7 August 2021.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter jobs.ericsson.com.