The pre-service teacher training project (PSTT – EQUIP) is one of the components of the Education Quality Improvement (EQUIP) Program in Sudan which aims to contribute to the completion of quality primary education of children in Sudan, with particular attention to the most vulnerable groups, including migrants, IDPs and refugees, especially girls, through the improvement of equitable access to quality primary education.
This project is funded by the EU Trust Fund for Africa and is implemented by the following partners: UNICEF and Save the Children (Result 1), British Council and Expertise France/CIEP (Result 2) and SOFRECO (Result 3).
Pre-service Teacher training component targets 9 states: Khartoum, Red Sea, Kassala, Gedaref, Gezira, White Nile, Blue Nile, North Kordofan and South Kordofan. The duration of the action is 36 months (2018-2021).
Expertise France is the lead implementing agency for this component working in partnership with France Education International (former CIEP), a public establishment providing technical expertise in education and training internationally on behalf of the French Ministry of National Education. This collaboration aims to meet the challenges of teacher training by providing a relevant expertise to support quality education in Sudan.
The specific objective is to reinforce Sudanese pre-service teacher training in order to develop quality education standards and to structurally improve teaching quality of the basic education level with a focus on primary education. The key targeted result is the reinforcement of Sudanese pre-service teacher training in order to develop quality education standards and structurally improve teaching quality of the basic education level with a focus on primary education.
We are currently looking for a Contractual manager in order to reinforce the permanent team based in Khartoum and to provide assistance in different project management aspects for the last year of the project (May 2020 – February 2021).
Under the supervision of Expertise France (Project Coordinator) and in close collaboration with the Team Leader and the local staff, the Contractual manager, permanently based in Khartoum, will support the implementation of the project and in particular the administrative and financial management of the project. He/she will be responsible in particular for supporting the Team Leader to:
- Accounting and Financial management:
- Supervise the administrative, accounting and financial management of the project including supporting the team in archiving supporting documents. The Contractual Manager will also be in charge of sending the field cash register monitoring to Expertise France’s accounting department;
- In close collaboration with the Project Coordinator, prepare budget forecasting related to the activities planification;
- Ensure compliance with EF and EU procedures, through the updating and compliance with the project’ manual of procédures;
- Prepare and facilitate the work of audit missions.
- Support the capacity building of the project team (Team Leader and local staff) in project implementation and management;
2. Follow-up of contracts and service providers
- Support the project team in monitoring contracts and service providers by setting up an order tracking table
- Verification of deliverables
3. Logistics and organization
- Support the team on the different logistical and organizational needs for: office needs, training needs and mission needs (per diem of participants, travel, consumables, etc.).
- Support the TL in the implementation of the project’s communication and visibility in close collaboration with the Project Coordinator;
5. Coordination with Expertise France
- Ensure regular reporting: monthly report, weekly review, etc.
6. Support the TL regarding the management of the Team in Khartoum
- Ensure that the cloud is properly updated;
- Support the TL in consolidating activity planning through excel document;
- Draft minutes of meetings when necessary.
Ability to develop and implement project management tools
Be able to provide methodological support for the administrative and financial management of the Programme
Good interpersonal skills and teamwork,
Autonomy and ability to organize tasks under time constraints,
Strong capacity for work and autonomy, flexibility and organization, reactivity
Fluent in English (French, first or second language), Arabic is an asset.
Perfect command of Office tools especially Excel
Expériences / Formation
Graduate of a Master’s degree or equivalent in management, administration, finance, economics, international cooperation or equivalent,
At least 5 years of professional experience in project management, including proven experience in financial and contract management in an international setting.
Mastering the fundamentals of EU project management (project cycle, PRAG, PAGODA, financial and legal rules)
Relevant international experience preferably in Africa is an asset, or fragile countries
Experience working in multi-lingual/international environment