Entries Open for 2018 CGAP Photo and Video Contest: A Chance to Win up to US$2000!
Deadline: 14 December 2018
Entries are open for the 2018 Consultative Group to Assist the Poor (CGAP) Photo and Vide Contest.
For its 13th annual contest, CGAP is looking for striking photographs and short videos that tell the story of how financial services empower poor people and communities in Africa. Show us how financial services expand opportunities for poor people in Africa and enable people to build sustainable livelihoods.
CGAP intends to award the following prizes, one each for a photograph and for a video in the categories. Winners will be notified by e-mail, according to information provided with their submission. If any winner fails to claim his or her prize within 60 days of being notified, that winner may forfeit his or her prize. Any federal, state, and local taxes, fees, and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize winners.
- Reaching Excluded People
- Mobile phones open up markets and access to services for people who are isolated or live in remote communities. Show how digital finance creates new opportunities for excluded Africans.
- Brighter Prospects For Young People
- There are 600 million young people in Africa under the age of 25, and 72 percent of them are unemployed. Show how financial services can spur entrepreneurship among Africa’s youth.
- Digital Finance And Development
- Savings, credit and insurance provide poor people with a wider range of tools to help manage their economic lives. Show how poor people are building more resilient lives.
- Grand Prize:
- US $2,000 gift certificate each for photography or video equipment and accessories. (No cash, check, or money transfer will be issued.)
- US $1,000 gift certificate for photography equipment and accessories.
- Judges’ Honorable Mention:
- Judges may select up to 8 winners to receive US$250 gift certificate for photography equipment and accessories.
- People’s Choice Winner
- US$100 gift certificate for photography equipment and accessories.
- Voting for the People’s Choice Award begins on December 15 and ends December 21, 2018.
- The 2018 CGAP Photo Contest is open to all photographers and videographers who are at least 18 years old. (The operational team of CGAP, the World Bank Group, and their immediate families are excluded from participating.)
- CGAP is looking for original, striking images and video stories portraying the impact of microfinance and financial inclusion for poor people in Africa. These images and stories may reflect a range of products and services, people and institutions, and may touch on social, economic, developmental, and technological issues. They are seeking entries in both rural and urban settings and people from all walks of life.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit 2018 CGAP Photo and Video Contest.